Howdy! My New Brethren of the BOC

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by T-Bone, Oct 18, 2005.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Howdy! Just wanted to say yall have a new member here from Texas.
    My name is Tod (T-Bone) Davis. I live just south of Dallas in a small town off of I-45. I was a die-hard bass man until my Ol' Fishin' Buddy talked me into going Night Fishining for Cats a few years ago on the banks of Lake Tawakoni. He has shown me the light(Coleman Lantern) lol. Catfishing is a great way to relax and enjoy the smells.... I really like this kinda of fishin' ! Hope to go as often as I can.
    Thanks for having me aboard the BOC.

Tod

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :0a25: to the BOC Tod, we're glad to have ya. This truly is a great site! :D

3. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    T-Bone, welcome to the new and improved BOC. You'll find lots of good information and build friendship here. Glad to have you aboard. :)

4. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    welcome im new also. lake tawakini is a good lake fished there in feb this year for a tourny caught so many i was tired of yanking. im from a small town in north west tx. we fish around the metroplex all the time at lavon,lewisville,grapevine etc,,,,, all those lakes

5. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

WELCOME TO THE BOC,lots of good folks and info here :D need to know
    anything just ask ,someone will have the awnser.is texas part of the USA? :p
    KIRK
    NEW PORT RICHEY FL.

6. Cat_Catcher29

Cat_Catcher29 New Member

State:
    McKinney, Tx
    nice to have you welcome

7. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Welcome to ya Brother!!

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I wanted to let each and every one of you know, that I appreciate your warm Welcome. This is a great site and I look forward to learning more about a sport that I love, and also learning more about stuff you guys like to do. It's interesting to read all the different post on here, not only the fishing stuff. It's also nice to see how other folks do things. This site can only better us all.

9. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Welcome T-Bone I been round 4 a while even dough new to the new site been with BOC fer about 3 yrs fish the Lake conroe Livingston Lake houston areas :) :thumbsup:

10. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Welcome to the site T-Bone. I have already been enjoying your posts and glad to see you getting involved already. I am sure you will learn alot here, as I have. See ya around!..........Jeremy

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the welcome Jeremy, I also enjoy your post on the board.

Thanks for the Welcome there also, Gentleben. I fish Lake Fork (haven't been in along while), Purtis Creek is a favirote as is Lake Tawakoni for the Cats.

Hope ya'll get to fish often as ya like. I've been workin' on a new ol' Jon Boat so haven't done much fishin' in a few weeks. I hope to get'r goin' before it gets too cold. I'll still go but would like to work out the bugs in some good weather.

12. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    lake fork and tawakini are both good lakes maybe i'll see ya there sometime fished fork earlier this year, best channel cat lake ive ever fished, love the lilly pads and a pencil cork ever fished limestone im heading there this weekend to try it out.

13. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    nathan, your right,fork and tawakini are nice lakes. Fork has some really big bass. It looks like are very nice channel cat lake. Tawakini is full of cats that northwest side of the lake is some good fishing.

t-bone, how often do you fish up around texhoma area?

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Aquacat, I got to fish Texhoma last year for the first time. We went Striper fishing. Had a blast. I live south of Dallas so I don't get up that way much. I mostly fish south or east of Dallas. Maybe when we get our boat going we will make that trip. We fish out of a small boat so the big water scares me a bit.

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Nathan, I got to fish Limestone with my Granddad when it first opened. All I remember about it, was we had a great time. Can't be much help to ya, but I did get to fish there once. Seems there is not much wood in the lake other than what the locals put out.

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes I have fished limestone many times. Fish under the tickbird roost toward the dam by the first eastern creekmouth from the dam near the channel. I have caught some nice sized flatheads out of that area!!! good luck!

17. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    hey thanks for the tips i'll be looking forward to tryimg this spot out, tbone my dad lives south of dallas in cleburn maybe you can holler at him sometime he's always going fishing around there

18. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Welcome T-Bone. Sorry I am late on that welcome. I do not get to post as much a I would like.

I grew in on Lake Tawakoni and still have family that lives within in minutes of the lake. Any time you are planning a trip that way let me know and may be we can make a trip of it.

Nathan are you related to the King family from Wills Point. The ones that own King's marina?

If so you may know my family. My dad is real good friends with the King's that own King's Marina in West Tawakoni.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Nathan, Sorry man, but I moved away from there 15 yrs. ago to KY. and I miss it alot.

20. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Nathan, I'd be glad to say "Howdy" to your Dad. I live East of your Dad, but I go through there every now and then.

Howdy, there TXBlueHunter, Thanks a bunch for the Nice Welcome. My Buddy and I fish at Wind Point Park (North East End of the lake) It used to be a State Park. We are finishing our Jon Boat up, so we haven't got to go out on the lake together yet, so we just fish off the bank. Most of the time we do real well. It would be great to meet ya out there some time. I'll have to set up a date and see if you'd like to go.