Howdy Guys & Gals .....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Dec 17, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I thought I would drop in and say howdy ..... I know I haven't been on to keep Jason out of trouble and I am sorry, but he has been a pretty good boy .... :roll_eyes: .... As some of you know I have been running a trap line since early November and what was supposed to be a hobby has turned out to be a full time job of from 8 to 10 hours a day ... 4 to 5 hours running traps and the rest skinning, fleshing and stretching the hides. Of course you have to make sure that there are no burrs in the fur and the fur is dry ... this takes a lot of time. I miss BSing with you all, but been trying to keep things going on the Trapping Side of the Forum when I have the time, which hasn't been much.

Sorry I couldn't make the lunch, but maybe the next time I can depending on when it is.

Well, I want to wish all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Prosoerous New Year ..... Garry- :big_smile:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck, I ain't got enough time and money to even leave the house to find trouble!:eek:oooh: LOL.. Happy Holidays back at ya man... Look forward to seeing you soon... rollo

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice to hear from ya,gary.happy holidays to you also.at least it sounds like you are trapping something,lol

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    Merry Christmas Gary rick

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks Gary for the Christmas Cheer. You just keep running that trap line sir I really enjoy your posts as I'm sure the rest of us do. But I have to give ya a heads uo though cause Peta has put your picture on the milk cartons and are calling you the Worst Critter Killer in the State of Ohio.:wink:. Now we all knows what that means Don't We ?? Yup,It means the Fat Sleigh Dude will be puttin a lump of Coal in your Christmas Stocking this year, and I'm sure that they (Peta) will be paying you a visit and demonstrating on the the old front yard in there Carrot Suits,LOL Do Us All a favor Pets Eat Dung and DIE.Merry Christmas Gary to You and Yours,and You be Careful out there running that trap line don't want anything to happen to you.Oh Ya now for Christmas out of some them Hides you can make me a Coon Skin hat you know one just like Davie Crocket use to wear,and Catfish Kenny would like one made out of Fox Skin (Suits his style,Sly) and PostBeetle just make His out of Skunk Hide Cause Hes a Lillte Stinker,and Big George you'll have to make his out of a Whole Buffalo Hide because He has a Big Head,about the size of a 100 pound Gourd,His friends call Him Mellon Head,Have a Goodun,Later J.D.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Mery Christmas back at ya Gary.Sounds like your doing pretyy good in the trapping aspect. Least you catching something .Stay safe out there. Good to se ya back on for a spell.