HOW WOULD YOU?

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 17, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    When ya need to do some trailer work and ya don't have the resources to leave your boat in the water for a couple of weeks or so. What do ya do. The work I need done will take a few days. Only problem is that I can only do it on my days off. Any tips? I've seen boats blocked up off a trailer before but have never done it. THANX!

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    BG I always take me a good 2x6 and run it in between two blocks and lower the front of the trailer as far as it will go and slide the blocks and 2x6 under the rear of the boat, Sometimes you will have to slide the boat back some to acheive this and block the board up until it is at the bottom of the boat. Then I raise the front up as high as I can and block the front and then lower the trailer level and it should slide out. I think I saw in one of your post that you have a walk through and those are easier to take off the trailer as you can rest them on the outside sponsons. OH George take all the equipment you can out of the boat to lighten it up.
    BTW George you can lay some old tires under the boat incase it falls off the blocks. When you get ready to reload take you and old big candle and put some actone in a jar and cut the candle up in the jar and it will melt and then paint the carpet on the runners before you reload and it will make for a good slick surface to slide that boat on and will last a good while.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx Will. I'm gonna get my 25 year old twins to help me with this. rather than old tires I'll get them to lay under it. LOL! Thanx again.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    A couple of sturdy bolders might work. :wink: