How would I go about fishing for these from the bank ?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Jb1z, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    How would I go about fishing for these from the bank ?

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We are going to need more information. Where are you fishing, what type of water (river/lake/creek), how deep etc. The more info you can provide the better.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if your in the main channel and its close your fine, me i got to wing it 50 yards, find the channel and youll find blues

4. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I'm not sure about depth but I'm fishing a lake.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I would say just try all the spots you have access to . What are you using for bait ? If you know there are blues in there for sure try using cut bluegill , or shad .

6. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Also try some herring if you can get that.

7. festus

festus New Member

If you're fishing from the bank you're sometimes going to be somewhat limited. I'd suggest you go to the nearest dam and fish the tailrace with live shad minnows,shad steaks, shad guts, bluegill fillets, nightcrawlers, live crawfish, shiners, or creek chubs, or whatever you have confidence in. Get yourself a big surfcasting outfit with at least a 7' to 8' rod spooled with at least 20 pound test stronger line. I like to use all three types of outfits: spincast (Zebco 808 7' Hawg combo), spinning (Silstar 1200 8' combo) and an Ambassadeur 6500 baitcaster on a 7' Ugly Stick. This kind of fishing isn't for the squeamish, get plenty of big swivels, sliding sinkers in assorted types and sizes and some big hooks. Be prepared for line breakoffs and retying. I use two spools for my spinning outfit, one rigged with 14 lb. test and the other with 30 lb. test.

8. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I got a 5lb blue on herring in 6 hours of fishing last night.It was very slow.But I have caught as many as fifteen in the same place.Just wasnt meant to be last night.Patience is the key to getting fish from the bank,especially if you know they are there.1 fish was still better than sitting at the house wondering if they were biting.

9. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    What lake in Texas are you fishing, maybe I can help you out.