How Weather affects fish activity

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Apr 11, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Here is an artical I found on a weather website that I thought everyone here would be interested in. Enjoy.

WANT TO INCREASE YOUR CATCH?

You're not alone.

Every angler is interested in catchiing largr fish, faster. Every angler also knows that the best fishing times are when the fish are feeding, which is typically at dusk and dawn. But there are other factors to consider, too. Here's more....

The quest to determine the best times to hunt and fish is not a recent project. For hundreds of years people that made their living hunting and fishing recognized that there were certain times when wildlife was more abundant. The lives of most Native Americans were completely dependent on knowing the best times to hunt and fish. People who base their existence on the ocean or lakes have long understood that solar and lunar influences help determine the best times to fish.

Full article here: http://www.weather.com/activities/r...ing/fishingarticle.html?from=fishing_forecast

I thought all this was very informitive and interesting. Hope you all enjoy it.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good article thanks for the info i love fishing right after a rain

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I've caught my biggest fish during bad weather.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Whenever its windy in my area the fishing is always gonna be bad for me. I have tried many times and the outcome is always the same.. NADA. :confused2:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a very good article. We all know that weather/water temp affect fish activity, but it amazes me that fish can detect upcoming weather patterns the same as land animals!