How Warm is to warm

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by deadly_legend, Jun 26, 2009.

1. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well, im currently in Alabama and me and my father have been doing alot of fishing, and we havnt not even had a bite once since i got here, which was back in may. The water temp is 85-90 degrees all day and night, and i was wondering if thats to hot for the fish or what. Also, how do yall get them to bite when the water temp. is high like that? Thanks for your time.

Josh.

2. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Now, personally I have never heard of it being to hot for mr. whiskers....
    Hotter the better i have always been told. They do tend to go a bit deeper as the weather gets hotter and us humans at that point prefer the night to day fishing. Only thing i can think of is the spawn. april til june. But with all the wet weather we had I might even think it isn't quite over yet.
    Here is a bit of addictional information I read up on the spawn

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/...ng/freshwater-tips/catfish/catfish-spawn1.htm

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    oh if they get hungry enough they will eat dont you worry about that my friend,you just have to know where to find them.On them real hot days its structure structure structure.And find some deep holes

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    its to warm when the road begins to buckle. yes yall, they said on the local news that roads in Hammond Louisiana have buckled in several places under the triple digit heat. now thats too warm son.