How to use Cheesecloth

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by thomcat, Sep 3, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    does anyone use cheesecloth to wrap their livers and if so how do you use them..... do you just put the liver in the cheesecloth or do you mix it... also what other baits do you put in... ive never used the cheesecloth but i hear good things..............???????

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Here's what I do. Put a peice of chicken liver on a square of cheesecloth about 3-4" square and fold the corners over on itself making a "ball".
    Take your treble hook (I use a #4 trble) and tie your leader to it. Thread the leader through the chesecloth/liver "ball" and bury hook in it. I use a 3-way swivel set up for this.
    Hope this helps some!

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I acn't believe that with all the catfisherman here that no one uses cheesecloth!! c'mon, someone must know about this stuff! :smile2:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have tried it and used it.I preferred a type of panty hose for the soft fleshed American Shad that we stockpiled in the freezer for bait.They made a "no run"kind of panty hose that you could cut up in squares years ago.I would buy them in the "Queen size"as ladies don't go by "Big and fat" sizes.You got far more for the money this way.I had a merchant order me a pile while they were on a promotional sale,and they lasted for years.I have not been able to find them for years now in the "No Run" type.Cheese cloth is stiff.Check with the ladies at your local "Sewing Center" for cloth that does not unravel easily.Some of your soft bleached cottons work great.Treated,colored or dyed cloth don;t seem to work as well for me.I think it is the scent even though I always washed it several times with no fabric softener and and always air dried it outside.