How to use Bank Sinkers?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by mikemck, Apr 11, 2009.

1. mikemck

mikemck New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just got a bunch of bank sinkers, but I've never used them before.

How do you use these? Like an Egg sinker?

TIA

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i use em just like any other sinkers... it dont matter.....RAT

3. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would use it like this!

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC. I like to use bank sinkers tied to the end of my main line,then I use a loopknot about 18" above that ,You can make this loop as big as you want,Mine are about 6" in Diameter which makes about a 3" drop I just double the end of the loop by pinching it and run it through the hook eye,then over the bend and up,pull snug. :cool2:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Mike, welcome to the BOC/SOC. I agree with Richard, bank sinkers are designed to be tied to the end of your line. I go up 1 to 1.5 feet and tie a dropper loop to attach the hook to and sometimes go up another 1.5 foot and tie a second dropper loop and run 2 hooks.

6. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
  7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i usually put mine on a sinker slide above my swivel but may try one on the end like mentioned:confused2:

8. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    since i fish a tidal river i use them on a doulock snap so i can change them quickly and without retying.

Attached Files:

9. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I must agree with Richard & Johnny. I've always used bank sinkers in the same manner.

10. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois

DITTO .

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :cool2:just wanted to thank you brothers you have taut me a few new ways to rig thanks:cool2:

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well i tried rigging it up with the sinker at the bottom and the hook on a loop up the main line. i found a flaw in this plan, when useing in dirty water all the leaves and junk floating down instead of collecting on the weight are now collecting at and covering the bait not good ill be sticking to my sinker slides.

13. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    do what works try all metheds, 3 way caralina and floats, see your results and tell me your conclusion, i love the 3 way rig with an arodaynamic weght for casting,distice,, for flatheads in modert to no curent dont matter,

14. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I also attach my sinkers to a sinker slide. I like the idea of the fish being able to move a little with the bait without feeling the resistance of the sinker. I have tried 3 way rigs and when casting them it just seems to be too much stuff flying around.