How to ship a motor?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by dinkbuster1, Mar 1, 2007.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have a couple folks who are intirested in my 9.9 that is for sale in the classified section, they are willing to pay the freight/shipping charges but i have no clue as to how to ship something this awkward and heavy. any ideas?

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Put it on a pallet and take it to a Motor Freight company such as Yellow Freight Lines, Central Freight Lines, Fed-Ex Freight, etc. Send it collect and they pay the frieght when it gets there. Drain all the gas out of the carbs. and tie it on the pallet real good and it will make it there in one piece.

Good luck.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    call Dayton Frieght, they maybe able to help you

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You can ship it on a pallet strapped down good. Best with a bander type tie down. I would take the destination zip and check on the freight rates first though. You will be surprised at how costly the freight will be. It will be shipped at LTL freight rates and thats what makes the price go up.

5. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah call dayton freight, so if i buy it it will go staright to my work in rockford!

6. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Place it on a pallet and build it up like a crate and then call you truck terminalfor pricing and let the people know.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'd say it depends on the distance. If it's within 250 to 300 miles, It may be best to drive it to the destination, or, have the purchasing party meet you half way. Time you mess with the freight company's, a good part of your life is gonna pass. It will cost a whole lot more if it is considered "hazardous" freight, as a gasoline engine may well be.

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Anybody here ever pack frieght on a truck? It's a wonder anything arrives in one piece.:confused2:

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    AS ALL shucks said you would be prob off to take it or have them meet you:smile2: