How to rig up a water hose system?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by buster1395, Oct 9, 2008.

1. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I'm looking for the cheapest way possible to have some kind of pump on my pontoon that will allow me to use the lake water and spray out the boat and bait cutting area. Any suggestions?

2. psychobilly

psychobilly New Member

State:
    texas
    I've got an ole traditional dip bucket.... Small lil metal bucket with a rope spliced to it and an eye spliced on the other end to go around your wrist. I was gunna do the same thing your thinking and the bucket was the cheapest way to go....

A jabsco with an electric motor would be the ticket but they aint cheap.....

I'm curious to see what this thread drums up....... There's a lot of kewl ideas I've seen so far.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I just use the pump that was for the livewell, it's mounted on the left rear pontoon below the water line & gets enuff water in the boat to do the job

5. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I called the place we got the pontoon from and they had a Jabsco par-max 4 system in stock for $130 and they are going to install it for $60 so I will go with that. Probably cant get a better deal unless I done the work myself which I dont want to do anyway:smile2:.

6. psychobilly

psychobilly New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like a good deal. I would like to see it in operation cuz.

7. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg
    i used the problaster pump and a 20 ft piece of rubber hose to supply water to my front of the pontoon. i added a short hose to the same place that my bait well pump is mounted this picks up water at ancor or wot no problem about $ 165 total did it my self in about 2 hrs most time running back and forth for tools good luck:smile2:

8. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    The pump system I had installed works great just slightly on the noisy side. Also need to buy a better spray nozzle the one it comes with is pretty much junk.