How to make iced tea

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by thomcat, Sep 5, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    how do you make ice tea??? do u use sugar or syrup (corn), or what do u use? im

2. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    im lookin for a true southern sweet tea recipe,,,,,, if any 1 has it would be much appriciated..........

3. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well i just looked up a website for you and idk how much this willhelp you but here you are

http://drink.allrecipes.com/directory/4864.asp

4. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    http://drink.allrecipes.com/directory/4864.asp

5. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    welll my link thing isnt workin right but there it is

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well I start by clearing my throat, then I fill my lungs with air, then I holler at the wife to make some:lol:

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Jason,
    Are you kin to Eric (DeerHunter01) ???

Or has he just been coaching you on how to get things done? :lol:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I actually prefer the the Litpon mix....I know, I know...cheesy!!!!:lol:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Now Dameon, that is just WRONG :lol:. Thomas, everyone always raved about my grandmother's sweet tea, so here is her recipe.......

Gran's Sweet Tea
    2 family size Lipton tea bags
    2 1/2 - 3 qt. stainless steel bowl
    Teakettle (or saucepan)
    2 quarts water

Bring water to a boil, pour over teabags in stainless steel bowl. Let steep three minutes (four if you like stronger tea). Remove teabags, add two cups (yes, I said two cups) sugar and stir to dissolve. Let stand until partially cool, pour into pitcher and refrigerate. Serve over lots of ice.

This is SWEET TEA. I cut the sugar down to 1/3 of this amount when making tea myself.

There are also tea makers (much like coffee makers) available on the market. They make decent tea, but I prefer tea made the old-fashioned way.

If all else fails, buy a box of Lipton and follow the directions on the box! :wink:

10. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i put 8 orange and black pekote tea bags in 1 quart of cold water bring to a boil then turn it off drain tea bags in the pot add 1/4 cup of sugar to the hot tea and stir. Then i add about 1/2 gallon of ice to a 1 gallon jug pour the hot tea over the ice then fill the remander with cold water. then its ready to drink i dont like super sweet tea.

11. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Mr Coffee Iced Tea brewer, $24.99 at wally world. Lipton tea bags, 3 quarts of water, 5 quarts of ice......... Yummy!!!!!:tounge_out:

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL. southern sweet tea recipe. Make tea and add surger. Too your likeing.
    Tea, coffee is about as simple as it gets. Read the directions on box. Dang its that simple. Then add what you would add when going out to eat. Ask Grandparents.
    Sometimes a little real lemon, orange or what ever. Main thing is tea and sugar
    If it does not work for ya experience and taste buds will fix the problem. Trust me experience is the best thing next to directions on box.

The secret to southern on anything is, do it like you like with respect and amen's. :wink: :smile2:

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    We make tea using our coffee pot.

Instead of putting coffee in a filter in the top, we put in 8-10 regular tea bags. Make a full pot of STRONG tea. Pour it in a gallon pitcher with 1 1/4 cups sugar, (more if you like sweet tea), stir it until the sugar is disolved, then add cold water to fill the pitcher. Serve over ice.

Good tea is MUCH better than pop

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Karo syrup is the way to go on that one! JMO and sun-tea...LOL

15. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    First off you need a HUGE jug...more like a bathtub full of ice and then you throw Matt inside of it. Viola...Iced Tea! I'll be here all weekend try the veal and don't forget to tip your wait staff.

16. Fred Rankin

Fred Rankin New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisiana
    Sweet tea is better if you let it sit in the frig. over night.
    Also, the quality of the water you use is very important. Try using some store bought mineral water if your water is the problem.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My makes the tea in my house I don`t want to know why:what:

18. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Lipton Cold brew is the way to go! 3 Family size bags ia a gallon of cold water for 20 minutes and its done, add a cup of sugar if you like.

egg

19. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    instant baby and with suger. it the only way to go

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have also started using the cold brew. Works great. Can also use small bags in cup of cold water and have INSTANT ice tea.