How to make dipbait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by pabloracer4748, Aug 16, 2009.

1. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ok I put a bunch of stuff in the blender including worms, livers, blood, shad sides, shad guts, sardines, hot dogs, dog food, shrimp ect. It is kinda runny so I just wrap it in cheesecloth and use it. Is there a way I can add cheese or something to make it sticky like a dip bait. Also I really want to add rotten soybeans to the mix but I dont know were to get them or how to ferment them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. my wife is pissed about the blender:tounge_out:

2. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    gross but should work most feed stores carry soy bean you git a buket fill it a little past half full fill with water a bout 2 inches a bove the beans cover an leave out in the sun for two weaks and for better results add couple packs of yeast lol your wife is going to forget all about the blender:big_smile:

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I was experimenting with this. I used flour to make it not so runny. It worked, but I just didnt enjoy using it and shad worked better so i only made it once. But flour will make it sticky.

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use flour or corn starch because I want it sticky. I don't make it very much now since I started using Secret 7.

5. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just ordered some secret 7. Does it work good? Does it have any soybean in it? How much cheese should I put in my bait? what kind? velvetta? Ill try some flour.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Secret 7 works great. Wife won't get mad about blender when you use Secret 7. When I made my dip bait I never used soybeans or cheese. I mixed chicken liver, shad, minnows and chubs with a little salt (Plain). I just blended it up and let it set for a few days then added the flour until I got it to the thickness I wanted.

7. lkilleb rew

lkilleb rew New Member

State:
    Pauls Valley, OK
    LOL, reminds me of my dip bait foray... hog brains, old cheese, shrimp, and flour in my wifes blender. I thought i would never get that greasy crap cleaned out...

Put it in 2 litre soda bottles and let it ferment in the summer sun a few days...

When I went fishing, I started to crack open the screw cap, it exploded spewing foul filth all over me. I have a strong stomach, but this was horrid. I jumped in the lake and tried to wash it off. After an hour of trying not to wretch I loaded up and went home to shower. never did catch anything.

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania

LMAO!!! Ohh that's priceless! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    That is funny. :smile2: I like to use just about any kind of cheese that I can get a hold of. I also use cattails or toilet paper to thicken it up. Works pretty good.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lar Welcome to the BOC. You were lucky that day. If the lake would of had big fish you could have been the meal.:wink:

11. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    You can get ya a jar of cheez whiz for the cheese... it's mostly already in kind of a liquid form and ya dont' have to melt it down.

12. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    let your mix ferment untill it turns to a foamy mess before you add the flour though. but dont wait too long or it just wont work. in 80 dehree weather it takes about 3 days. once you add the flour it seems to stop rotting. if you do put cheese in i like corn starch instead of flour, if you need to thicken it up more. i have been using those treble hooks with the spring on them. it seems like there barely has to be bait on it and they will hit. Also, i like creek chubs as much as i do shad but goldfish dont work.

13. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    i agree with the cat tails post.. thats what i put in mine to thicken it.. well until the neighbor started keeping her cats inside:smile2:

but really, the cat tails work.. im almost convinced thats what is put in " danny kings "

14. Cowtip

Cowtip New Member

State:
    texas
    Hi Guys! I like to use Dryer Lent to thicken my bait. Plus all the hair in the lent keeps it on my treble hook better. :cool2:

15. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Cat Tails and toilet paper do work good. I've tried cotton balls but never could get it right. It's fun, and educational, to make it a couple of times. I found that my bait isn't as good as what I can buy off the shelf. As much as I put into it, the commercially prepared bait is cheaper too.

16. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Keith, Welcome to the BOC. It's always nice to see a Texas brother on here.

17. Cowtip

Cowtip New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks, glad to be a part of BOC!!

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a friend that makes his own baits and he use hair that he gets from his barber to thicken his baits. I have always used cattails.

19. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man I would love to help ya out with the homemade stink bait but all I have ever been able to accomplish is making a mess. I just pour it in the water for chum. The old lady won't let me experiment anymore either. I would end up like the guy who's bait exploded all over him except it would be in the kitchen or garage. I don't have the stomach anyways. Have exploded myself a time or two. Good luck you are going to need it. Have fun!

20. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The best bait I ever made was just hog or beef brains and cheese mixed half n half. Just cube it up and throw it in a five gallon bucket with a lid with holes in to let gasses excape, and varmints out. After about three days in summer heat, it begins to ferment and bubble up. Stir it down once A day. In about two weeks its done. I always put it in a loose lid container, like a icecream bucket.