how to make big slip corks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by daredevle, Jan 4, 2009.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers and sisters i was wondering if you could help me with my problem see i fish alot an dams where distance is a major part on what i catch but i cant use big weight on acount of i cant fish bottom cause its all rocks so i use a slip cork rig but this restricts my weight because the cork has to be able to hold up the weight right off the bottom which restricts my distance so i was wondering if you guys/gals knew any homemade big slip corks remedys that you could share with me oh by the way the cork has to be able to hold a weight from 2 ounces to 3 ounces ok thank you all for your help

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I've used a hair spray bottle (I have a young daughter at home so there are lots of those around) I just pull the nozzle off and super glue in a cotter pin. Presto a slip bobber.

have a good one
    just

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing a practical idea. Reps.

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I take 20 oz pop bottles and drill a small hole in the bottom then screw on a barrel swivel adding glue to the screw.

They are simple to make and for fishing at night just screw off the cap and put in a glow stick.

They work good but still not as good as the wild wolfe products slip bobbers.

6. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    you can make them out of float noodles. cut to length,put a straw through thats longer, make 2 end caps with holes drilled for the straws, glue on end caps with straw run through, trim straw and fish(maybe let the glue dry first,lol). you can make several for less than 5$.

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Another way is to take a plastic water or pop bottle and drill a hole in the cap, put a swivel or snap swivel in and put a short piece of wire or nail in there to hold it, then glue or hot glue it in to seal it up and hold it in place. That ought to hold up a pretty good weight, which will be needed to cast a big float out there.

I have seen somewhere although I cannot recall where, a method to attach a sacrificial sinker which will hold the sinker on until it hits the water then will drop off. Of course one goes thru a lot of sinkers this way, since they are left in the water. That would allow a smaller float.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We have them big enough to float 2 lbs of lead or more.
    WildWolfProducts.com.
    Also we can make them bigger then is listed on the site. I have some that are 3 3/4" round and 12" long.
    Pete

9. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Wild wolf cat bobbers cast great are economical and look good too.

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    one way i've made them is to use a empty beer can, drill a hole in the center of the bottom, run a coffee stirer straw from top to bottom and fill the can with the foam insulation that comes in aerosol can. after its dry just cut the can off and trim the straw.
    chip