How to Make Bass Fisherman Jealous

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Kowegi, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Kowegi

Kowegi New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Heres my way to make bass fisherman jealous:

Get a 7 pound bass (A Good size bass) and a 15 pound flathead (an average flathead). Put them in a aquarium and ask, "Hey, where did the bass go?)

:smile:
    post your own ways!

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    After i catch me a big one i like to go up to a bass fisherman and say "have any luck?" and when they show me there bait or um bass i pull my big cat up and show them mine.then watch there faces lol.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Watch them land a good 5-7lber and then say "Nice fish, can I have it for bait?" :wink::smile2:

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Ask their wife if she has ever been fishin with a REEL man!

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I like to invite folks to go fish'n with me and when I tell them we are going after catfish,
    some of them will say "Na, I am a bass fisherman"
    to that I reply "Then you can catch the Bait" , LMAO!!!

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ask them if you can have their bass and use it for bait. Tell them that you catch big Flatheads on Bass all the time. That 4 or 5 lbers work best!!!:wink:

7. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    *holds up huge catfish * "do you mind if I release this here?"

8. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Ask them why they spend all day catching baitfish(their little bassies)then go home before dark when the good fishing is just getting started.:smile2:

9. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Wow, no love for the bass fishermen. :confused2:

Personaly i enjoy fishing for bass. But if im looken for a good fight or some dinner, i fish for catfish.

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Us bass fishermen get no respect:smile2: Oh well, what should I expect it IS a catfish forum!

11. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Best way I know how to make a bass fisherman jealous.
    Let them troll around you for 30-45 minutes, making dozens and dozens of cast. When they finally catch one ask them how many cast they have invested. When they reply, pull a monster out of the live well and simple say, "This little guy only took one cast". Then ask him if he would mind using your camera and taking a picture for you so you can CPR the hawg.:smile2::eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

Thanks
    David

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I enjoy bass fishing. Its more of a mental and physical challenge.
    If thats what I have a hankering for thats what I go after.

If I want to throw some lines, kick back and drink some beer and relax I'll catfish.

As far as a fight, when I bass fish I fish with bass gear. A 7 pounder has alot of pull and will do things a cat wont do. I'm not a bass fishermen spooled up with 20 pound test or gorilla braid.

As far as bass pros go , you would be surprised how many prefer to catch other fish.
    Shaw Grigsby would rather fish for red drum then anything in the water. Thats his passion.
    Bass happens to the be the fish that pays well.

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That's wierd.... When I am look'n for table fair I go (green carp) I mean bass fish'n, LMAO!!!

14. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Actually show him how to hook a live bass for catfishing. That will do the trick every time.

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Show him a 5 pound bass and start cutting it up for bait and be reel technical about it..... Them simply tell him that if he catches the bait, you'll catch dinner

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    While fishing at a steamplant for stripers years ago.....2 Bass fishermen came trolling by me in their $ 20,000 bass boat. They were casting at every little twig and ripple. They caught a couple of small stripers...weighing about 5 or 6 lbs. each. They took their fillet knife and sliced the throats of the stripers and threw them over the boat to die. This really pissed me off bad! I took my skipjack pole and put on a green shad tailed jig. As luck would have it I caught a 3 lb Bass. I took the bass and held it high so they could see it and just when they thought that I was gonna release it..... I hooked it through the dorsal fin and casted it out with a six ounce sinker and fished it on the bottom. They made a comment about it being illegal to fish with Bass and that they would report me to the authorities. I said go right ahead you idiots....and I'll report that you sliced the throat of those 2 stripers when you didn't think anyone was watching. I simply can not stand the Bassfisherman Mentallity. I know that not all Bassfishermen are this way. But a large majority of the ones I have met are. I am a bank fisherman and when I am fishing from the bank....you will respect my space or else!I am a big ole Boy and I am usually armed with several types of self defense weapons....and I am someone you simply do not want to mess with. Ever!:angry:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Bass fisherman in my area are the one's that kill the flatheads saying they eat all the bass.

Bassfishing is like golf, for the richboys.

Leave the catfishing for people like me.

18. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    wow john, sounds like you took that pretty personal. not saying thats a bad thing. i was out here on the river one time and there was a bass tourney going on and these 2 guys came in and started throwing big swimbaits around where i was fishing. i asked them if they caught any and they kind of snickered and said that they had 4 fish in the boat and were looking for their kicker. they asked what i was fishing for and i said cats, and they started snickering again and asked if i had caught any and i said only a couple, at this they kind of chuckeled and said i was probably using the wrong bait. well i reached down and pulled up a 15 and 12 lbs flathead and told them that if they would quit bass fishing in my spot and scaring away all of the bait i would probably do better. with that i reeled in one of my rods and hooked a 7 inch gill on a 8/0 hook and tossed it right out where they were casting and told them i hope they did well. with that they packed up and sped off.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I grew up fishing bluegill and bass. Then I fished the salt for many years. Then I got into Cats. If its' wet I'll fish it.

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I don't really try to make them jealous, I try to make them mad so they will go somewhere else, LOL!!!