How to make a V bottom floor supports

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by CATDADDY78, Apr 17, 2006.

1. CATDADDY78

CATDADDY78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    need a new floor in my v bottom jon boat but i dont know how to build it any tips?

2. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Jason

I am in the same boat as you so to speak. I am redoing a semi-v bottom. I did a lot of searching the web and found many sites going through google that have given me losts of ideas. Just search on "aluminum boat restoring" or something like should put you on the right direction.

Also, there are many here that have redone boats so I am sure someone will come along and give some tips that will help both of us.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The floor in my 17ft war-eagle, The floor is bent to fit the V part. So its notched to fit the sides and around the ribs. But is bent into a V in the middle.
    I can take a picture of it you that would help./
    If your looking for a flat floor. Just try to add 2"x2" angle across it to make it flat and then mount the floor to them.
    Pete

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I didn't know it until 2 or 3 weeks ago but Lowe's sells several different sizes and shapes of steel tubing, flat metal and aluminum too. I picked up some aluminum sheeting and angle bars. It's a little pricey but is awfully handy if you don't have another source.

ST