How To Make A Kid(s) Happy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishinpals, Aug 8, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Get them into a fishing derby!!! We had over 350 kids in this derby and at very little cost but the kids of all ages had a bunch of fun It was the hit! It also lasted 2 days and prizes were awarded for the four top weights and each kid was given something just for entering and could enter up to 3 times at no cost. You might want to try this is your neighborhood. You can use bluegill, bass, and even BIG OLE CATFISH. I bet they will love it and you!!!!!!!!!!
    Pictures below--

Art00024 (500 x 375).jpg

Art00025 (500 x 375).jpg

Art00026 (500 x 375).jpg

2. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Oh ya, I did say kids of all ages! Dave was a avid fisherman and by employer. He just recently passed away. He was 77 and my employer.

Art00028 (500 x 375).jpg

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

that was a great idea. Reps

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So sorry to hear of your employer's death.If he loved children he was a grat man.Please except my condolences and give condolences to his family please:sad2: pk powell

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That's a heck of an idea, Jim. Looks like everybody was havin' fun :smile2:

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

that was a great idea. Reps to you. This morning a little boy and his grandfather were fishing on the pier with me and I had a live sunfish out and when the clicker started going off I waited until the fish run stop locked it in position felt the weight of the fish and pow set the hook. I knew the fish was hooked and called the little boy over there and asked him if he would help me and handed him the pole to reel in. The look on that boys face was pricless when he saw the 6 pound bass he was reeling in he got so excited he handed his dad the rod and had to go peepee then came back and finished reeling the fish in, gotta love it. That was the only fish this morning and it was worth letting the boy catch it.