How to join braided and mono?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by silver_dollar, Aug 2, 2006.

1. silver_dollar

silver_dollar New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What is a good way to join regular nylon braided to mono? I will be using this on baitcasters. Thanks, Harland

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Silver-Dollar go to the LIBRARY link at the top of your page and go down to Fishing Knots. There are 3 good links that will show you the knot you need. These are very good websites and some show animated tying instructions. Hope this helps.

3. silver_dollar

silver_dollar New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Savage...will do. Harland

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    The uni to uni is the best knot I have found to use. It shows you how to tie it in the powerpro booklet inside the box of powerpro.

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use the Albright Knot since I use 20lb big game mono and 16dia 65lb Power Pro. I am sure there are other, I just know this knot from flyfishing and it has always worked fine on all my reels.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd tie a uni knot too.

7. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I've got a pole I tied some 50# mono on for a long leader. The mainline is 65+# braid and the leader is quite long maye 50 feet. I used an improved albright knot and glued it and it is holding quite well. I can break off 40-50# snells 30# sinker drops and it hasn't broke at the albright knot in 4-5 fishin trips that is probably 15 snags at least.