Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Jon Boat for several years now, and this summer decided to install a bimini top. I can't believe I hadn't done this years ago. Anyway.... when I went to research these tops, I found very little on Jon Boat bimini tops. The instructions on these things are in broken english at best. After I figured it out, I thought I'd make a video on how to do it and share it with other folks that may be having the same issues. Not sure if this video will load, but I'll give it a try. Hope this helps you all out:

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,528 Posts
I have been thinking of getting one myself but mounting it forward because I always sit in front and watch my rods. The sun here in MS is brutal this time of year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been thinking of getting one myself but mounting it forward because I always sit in front and watch my rods. The sun here in MS is brutal this time of year.
Now that I have it and have used it, I believe it to be a necessity! If mine was stolen or blew away, I'd immediately buy another one to replace it. You really should get one. My boating and fishing life just improved 200%. You could buy extra mounting brackets and place them in the back and front so you can have a choice on positions. get one.....trust me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice video. Looks like an easy install. Can you post where you bought this?$
Let us know how it worked out.
I bought this on Amazon. great price on it too, and great quality for the money. Here's the info on it:
Kingbird 3 bow Bimini Top Cover Sun Shade
1 inch Stainless Aluminum Frame
46" High - fits 67"-72" wide. with Rear Support Poles and Storage Boot.
< $140

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Nice video and hat. Is it a Resistol?
Im amazed that people can make little arrows and stuff like TV. :biggrin1:

Reactions: captain belly

·
Registered
461 Posts
Cool, they are nice to keep that sun and rain away.

Found a craigslist pontoon boat bimini top (frame only) last year for 10 bucks so used half of it along with some camo Endura fabric from fleabay and snaps to make a new top to fit my windshield.
Kind of a hassle having it on but comes off easy and love having it when needed.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I wonder if I'll be able to find a replacement fabric for mine. It's got a few holes/tears and rips and a couple snaps pulled off.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Should be able to, Wesley. We have a couple of ma an pa type upholstery shops round here....one is busy with nothin but boats and bikes. Maybe you can find one local to ya.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts