How to Handle Being Crowded While Fishing!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 4, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Have you ever went fishing to public water only to be the first to show up, and before you wanna leave you feel like you are being forced out by others? This happens quite often with me for some reason! Me being a decent guy find it hard to confront those that are trying to nudge their way in, until they snag one of my lines!!! Well, I made it out this afternoon for a while with my neighbor to do some bluegill and crappie fishing for the freezer. Upon arriving to a local public waterway, I saw we were the first to arrive! This place sits along a state route, and is very visible by all traveling down the road. We went to our location, and before I made my second cast a vehicle drove by slowly, only to do a U-turn and pull in front of our vehicle. The man slowly got out and popped the trunk to drag his two piece fishing rod and gear from it! I'm thinking no problem, my skin is slightly burnt, but not enough to make a stand! He makes his way over next to me and my neighbor making casual conversation about our luck and starts fishing. Well a few minutes into it his cell phone rings. Being only a few feet from me, I can hear he has a buddy in route to our location. Now, thoughts are rolling through my head! LOL..." This whole lake and now we have another squirrel coming in to steal some accorns from us"! Well another 10 minutes pass, and let me add, we were catching in this spot! Here comes not only his cell phone buddy, but a trailing vehicle with another fellow! Now, we have a complete fleet, parking single file, and making there way down to this slender bank to line-up like the annual walleye run!! At this point im beside myself! My neighbor walks closer to me on each cast. I'm thinking," Hold your ground old man before we get shoved back to our truck!" He makes it over to me and softly says, " Man, they came in on us." WELL NO SH$T!!!!! I'M THINKING!!! He obviously got the award for smartest thinking of the day! Well, after a few casts with our new found friends, I walked up to the truck, grabbed an empty 5 gal. bucket. Without comment, I calmly walked back to the waters edge and filled it half way with water and carried it over between the guys and said, " We are keeping them for the freezer." They threw every gill and crappie in they caught, until I ended the show.... Being we had enough!!!!:wink: ..........rollo

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LOL! The first part had me steaming.....I got to the end and said 'it was well worth it'. Sounds like a bad situation turned out pretty good for you seeing as how they were for the freezer. You probably ended up with a good mess of them!:wink::big_smile:

If I had been catfishing,,,,words would have probably been said, especially if I was being crowded...:crazy::wink::smile2:

3. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Great thinking Rollo! :smile2:

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you still done pretty good

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wouldn't say I did pretty good.... we did pretty good!:smile2: thanks friends for the fish!!!!! rollo

6. sgreene

sgreene New Member

State:
    ohio
    That is to funny. Sad part is, I doubt they got the hint though.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am afraid they would have gotten more than just a suttle hint from me:angry:. There are certain things that I can not or will not tollerate, that is one of them. By the time I got finished with the altercation that would have insued, he would have been begging to leave:eek:oooh:!!!! Let's just say that the fish wouldn't be the only things with sore mouths:wink:!!!

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reps to you for remaining calm brother. You probably have more patients than I do! that sounds like carlyle lake dam. If you get luck enough to have the spot closest to the dam, you're gonna be elbow to elbow with a**holes before you know it. and, they don't care about crossing your lines.....

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I get it all the time. Ill be the first one there and someone puts his chair 5 feet from me. First couple of times i just beared it, now I just start casting like a beginner. :wink:

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I've used the same tactic many of times at one of my bait holes. Sure saved me alot of time at catching bait more then once. Heck if ya can't beat em, give em a bucket to fill. :smile2:

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ha Ha Ha Ha. Lmao!! I'd say after being hooked in the back of the head about 2 or 3 times with a big J-hook, and a 3 oz. piece of lead they'd move back down the bank..:smile2:

12. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    that is the reason i fish mainly on the navigation system here in oklahoma. most people don't know how and won't fish it when it is high. i don't play well with others. in all honesty it isn't these folks fault. 99% of these people don't have a clue as far as etiquite.(spelling?) a think a lot wasn't taught a my a mentor.dad,grandpa.

13. crtr03

crtr03 New Member

State:
    columbus, ohio
    haha good thinking maybe thats how i will get all my bait this year make the ppl that fish next to me give me all the bluegills and suckers
    :smile2:

14. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio

I've gotten alot of baitfish this way. Just smile and wink at the old men fishing next to you and they will throw bluegill in your bucket all day!
    :tounge_out:

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I don't have that problem... I am not a legend lol! :wink:

I am so angry! I sent those guys to find you to get me bait.... my tub is dry!

Hey, what are you doing Sunday?

Try being a lousy caster. Cast over them two or three times and I guarantee you they will move away.

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    A big shiny Stainless Steel Ruger Super BlackHawk worn on one shoulder in a holster and a old 17 inch WW1 Bayonet worn on the other spooks some.And yes I have done it.It is a pain in the butt,but well worth it at times.Discussing how you can beat the rap at your murder trial over cutting up your 2 neighbors with a technicality also helps.You don't have to actually say you did or will do it.Folks imagination will do far more than you can.And yes I have done this too.

The very best and funniest thing I ever did was got a case of dynamite,a box of caps and a roll of fuse out of the trunk and started capping for the stumps I was going to blow that afternoon for the landowner when he got home.Fish weren't biting anyway.A couple of fellows left and returned with 2 Deputy Sheriffs and explained to them what all I had done.Being it was on posted private property and properly posted for the explosives they were trespassing.I was not and had all of my paperwork for the explosives that I was legally preparing to use.They admitted that I warned them and asked them to leave beforehand and they had threatened and refused.They went to court for trespassing and some law breaking about refusing to vacate the area they knew had explosives while we all had a good laugh at their expense.Being their problem was with me and the laws,it left the old man off the hook with a family who rode roughshod over him and his property.Being that I was known to be a little "Explosive",I got along with most.Being they were just shy of explaining it all to the feds and the long statute of limitations involved,it solved the landowners problem with them.Preplanned?I never told.

Many don't know any better.More don't care about anyone but themselves.A very heavy rig and a sharp knife to cut them off your line and the will to finish what ever anyone else wishes to start is the best thing you can have going for you.I like to see others catch fish.I have caught my share and the shares of thousands of others.Some one ask or I see they ain't doing well,I will often ask if they wish to fish where I am catching fish.Yes,I have been known to move for others and enjoy doing so.I have also been known to stick a 7 ft.oar out of a boat and break the leg of a water skier who thought it was funny to wet us many years ago.I will freely give.I will not allow someone to take.That was it plain and simple.Also,I was not a practicing Christian then.This does make a difference.

Don't let it bother you.There is so much opportunity to have fun with these type folk.Take advantage of it.They are trying to take advantage of you.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I would have posted this in the SOC but didnt want to crash the server. :smile2:

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I tried that. one old guy tried to show me his customized van and another told me my mother was'nt to blame..... LoL it just dont work the same for men.. (blink, Blink..)