How To Get Skipjack Smell Off Hands?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by 85Dave, Nov 4, 2008.

1. 85Dave

85Dave New Member

State:
    Germantown, Tn
    To get the smell of skipjack off my hands, I throughly wash my hands with dishwashing soap. In 2 or 3 days, the smell is gone. But is there a faster way?

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Try toothpaste. I've used toothpaste for years to take all kinds of fish smells off my hands. Have not tried it for taking skipjack smell off yet tho but it I think it might work.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Why would you want to get rid of that beautiful aroma:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:...W

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    stick them in a bucket of danny kings and you won't smell skips no more:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i use the sent away soap that you can buy for deer hunting... and also like to use hand sanitizer while fishing to help keep the smell down:wink:

6. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Personally I have never had any trouble getting the smell of skipjack off my hands. Matter of fact I think that skipjack is one of the cleanest baits you can use to catch catfish.

don3778

7. trotline mississippi

trotline mississippi New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I use ketchup to get all fish smells off my hands and out off coolers. just wash with it like soap...

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i use gojo hand cleanner

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I must admit that sometimes I wear glove to keep the smell off. Otherwise I just wash my hands continuously

10. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Personally, I like the smell of skipjack on my hands, it reminds me of a lucky date:wink:. In all seriousness, I use vinegar to get the smell off. Seems to work pretty good if you don't mind the smell of vinegar:eek:oooh:

11. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I 2nd the toothpaste it is what I use. Put it on your dry or mostly dry hands and rub it good then rinse. Sometimes you have to do it twice. A piece of metal such as moma's :tounge_out:big stainless steel serving spoon is a close second. Rub your hands over it while running water over them.

12. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well we don't have skippy's here but we do have shad. What I use to get the smell off is mustard or WD 40. They both have worked for me since I was a kid.