How to get more bites with chicken livers

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by catfishing is fun, Jul 8, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    WARNING
    ***THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART (OR STOMAC)

I took chicken livers and set them out back in the sun for 4 days strait, and wow, im pretty tough when it comes to getting grossed out, and when I cracked the lid and smelled this vile odor, i literaly almost puked right there, now the fact that they and there blood they were soaking in had turned green probibly didnt help, but WOW the channels tore them up

Hope this helps some brave soul lol
    Marshall​

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    yea lol i left some in the back of my truck for about a week and a half straight (long story) and then tried fishing with em...wasent brave enuff but lucky enuff i had a good friend who was brave enuff to touch em lol stunk very bad but they did catch alot of fish

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah marshell , did you cure them out after wards or use a stockin to hold them on

iv had shrimp liquefie before i used them lol taulk about stink

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Take that liver juice and marinate your hot dogs. They will "overnite" turn into liver. I'm not saying liver is the best bait, but you can sure get your hotdogs to smell like liver.

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Ya'll have a better stomach than me:eek:oooh:

Cheez

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Done that many times but I find it a bit sloppy and messy to say the very least However I do like the marinaded Hot-Dog Idea..I'll give it a try! Thanks for the tip!

7. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    My brother inlaw used my truckone day .He was going fishing with hes buddys. He left 4 tubs of livers an one bag of cut shad in the truck.

8. crappieguy

crappieguy New Member

State:
    Manitoba , Canada
    I'm up for anything that improves my chances. Sounds like something only a "kitty" would like

9. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    amen to that:eek:oooh:

i just add a spoon full of crushed garlic to my livers and that smell is bad enough

10. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

OMG!!! I just left some it the fridge too long and they were really nasty...don't think I want any of yours...:smile2:

11. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I left some garlic ship chicken liver and chicken gizzard all in a coffee can by mistake in my back yard by mistake. After a week I realized what I done. Putred nasty UUUUGGGGHHHH. won't do that again. I did how ever spread that stuff in that water when I went fishin and it got a lot of bites.

12. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i let them sit out in the sun all day and harden up then spray them with garlic and vinegar mixture in a squirt bottle. then let that cure too. i also like to take rotted corn and mix with dry dog food and make a dough ball u might want to try

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Talk about nasty, one of my buddies had a tub with limburger cheese and hog brains left out in the sun for a week or so. I told him if he opened that tub I would throw up right there in his boat. We didn't fish with that stuff that day.LOL

14. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just steal (borrow) a pair of rubber kitchen gloves then discard if you want to stay married!!! And when you come home with a new pair the wife will love you because (she) has misplaced her other ones!!!:big_smile: