How to Freeze Your Butt Off!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Dec 7, 2008.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    :smile2:

Wow, it was a cold weekend camping on the river! My wife and I gave it a shot anyway for the last weekend of the BOC fish-off. What the heck.

We did catch some nice fish, but no upgrades this time. The two big fish were 37 and 33 pounders. We also caught another beautiful Flathead. I just can't get over the amazing coloration.

We went into a deep freeze last night on the water. Everything froze. Braided line really sucks when it gets below freezing, nightmare. Anyway, when we casted this morning it looked like it was snowing, pretty cool. The anchor rope was like wire and the bait was solid as a rock... poor crickets and worms.:sad2:

Wind kicked up this morning making things even colder :crazy:. We finally decided to call the trip. I guess it was a good decision, as I sit here by the fire listening to Christmas music and posting on the BOC. A few pictures...

Attached Files:

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i went friday here on the ohio river and pretty well froze my butt off.. 18-20f most of the day .. the snow storm when you cast is pretty cool huh?? :smile2:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great pics, thanks Marc. I bet it was cold but man some awesome fish as usual. Congrats.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    VERY NICE fish, under less than stellar conditions! Well done!
    Bill in SC

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Marc for sharing your trip and the pics of some nice fish. Enjoyed.

6. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice blues Marc. Looks a little warmer for us tomorrow, I'll take 50's this time of year. Even though y'all didn't upgrade, you and Tricia still got a couple of the biggest fish in the fish-off :cool2:.

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for the pics. I am getting cold sitting at the computer thinking about it.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ME TOO -&- I cant wait till the thaw ...you all did good ...i wouldnt even went out .....way too cold fer me to fish:cool2:RIGHT ON! nicley done you two!:cool2:

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nce picts, :cool2::cool2:

10. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Lol, I think im gonna get ou sometime this week.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the good fishing bro....It always seems alittle warmer when you are catching:wink: rollo

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    congrats to you and the wife , i wouldnt even go out here its colder then a well diggers a$$ gonna have to wait till spring

13. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    TY Marc and Tricia for the great pic's and story of your "cold weekend fishing trip". And congrats on a great fall fish off, you guys put up some awesome fish!!! I for one can't wait till the spring thaw, :wink:
    Cassk

14. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia
    Yeah, I am going to have to take next weekend off to thaw out!

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go Marc & Tricia! :cool2: You two are die-hards! Great pics as usual! :0a18:

16. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    nice job!!!!:wink:

17. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job sticking it out and getting on some cats, my wife would not be up for that. I know I'd be huddled over the propane heater between cats.

18. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Marc for the report and pictures.