How to freeze bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by littleman, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That would be no chore as cold as it is.:cool2::cool2:

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cool looking Koi, Tricia :cool2:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the pics. I bet you don't use them for bait though! LOL

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2::smile2: Now that must be the neighbors pond, I think yours would have a Blue or two swimming in it :wink: :big_smile:

5. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    My koi and a few really pretty goldfish are safe. However I do have several plain orange goldfish in there, and they are not safe. The ones in this picture were hatched in the pond and are about a year and half old. I have way to many in the pond so I have been taking a few out when I can get to them through the ice. I meant to get around to thinning them out before the pond froze over. Now I have to throw some food out and wait for them to come to the hole in the ice to eat.

Attached Files:

6. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I originally made the pond to be a fancy bait tank. But I put some koi in it and now I won’t put any other fish in it. I’m afraid bait fish like gills would make my koi sick. I’m also afraid that a blue, flat, or even a channel might eat my pretty fish. There are two yellowbellies/bullheads that live in the pond.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well them shoulda oughta make some great flathead bait! Heck prolly get $4-5 a whack for them LOL.....