how to fold a t-shirt

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil, you got way too much time on your hands!!! LOL

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    instructions, if anyone needs them :)

Stand to one side of the shirt. Imagine a line that runs from the middle of the shoulder furthest away from you to the bottom hem. Then imagine another line exactly halfway inbetween the top of the collar and the bottom hem. Pinch the shirt at the point where those lines intersect.

Then follow the first line up to the shoulder seam and grab the shirt there with your other hand. From the shoulder seam, fold the shirt in half so that the shoulder where you grabbed it meets the bottom hem and grab that hem too (so that you're holding the shoulder seam and the bottom hem together.)

The first hand should be hidden by the shirt at this point. Still firmly holding the bottom hem and shoulder together, pull the hidden hand out from underneath towards you. Then fold the loose arm underneath.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

actually, bryan, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is in california 'til the first, so i am playing suzie homemaker while she is gone. i was doing laundry, and when i started folding my t-shirts i thought of this vid and decided to post :D

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil,
    That is an informative post. I used to send out t-shirts and someone asked me WHY I folded them all like that and I told them it was because that was how I was taught in the garment industry. LOL. Well this is "pertnear" the same way only it looks quicker. I sent it to our engineer for future reference in the costing dept. We don't do a lot of t-shirts but have occasionally and we have a few similar products that this might help with.

Thanks! ;) :)

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Heck, I would give my wife a heart attack if I should fold my shirts! :D I just toss them in my drawer[most of the time] if I do not forget and leave them on my bed!! :D :D

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't have the room to just toss everything in a drawer, so I have to fold my T-shirts; but I fold, then roll the undershirts to make even more room. Been thinking about rolling the regular T-shirts, too, because I'm having trouble getting the drawer open and closed. Comes from buying all those BOC T-shirts.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well that beats all I ever seen. If you need instructions on folding a Tee shirt, you just might be a redneck. :D

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    :0a28: fold a tshirt???? :0a28: man just wad em up and stuff em in a drawer :0a26:

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I fold mine just like they taught us in the Army, it makes more room. If I am in a hurry, leave them in the basket by the dresser. Bet ya can't guess which one gets more use...lol