How to fish early spring reservoirs

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Monty, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Monty

Monty New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wanting to fish Bresslers reservoir in Lima and it is just a large round resevoir. It is just a deep hole about 40 feet right off the banks. What would be the best way to fish it in early spring. I was thinking maybe with a slip bobber and not to deep with the water warming on top first. Just really not sure can anyone help me out??

thanks

Monty

2. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have asked a few things about there on here. and for some reason no one ever commented. hey when ever your on here see what you can find out about spinning reels like we use. if they make them with clickers or baitrunners. im set for channels . i need a reel or 2 for some flatties. one day when its cold still here really soon. lets drive up and see how excessible it is. see if we wont pack up and plan on a trip. then we cant get you up there. man you can get 2 good rods like mine for 20 bucks a piece. i think . all you need is a couple rod and reels and some good line. and the rest is small stuff. heck one of these days while its still warming up and still cool. on my day off. we could drive up to kiser or somewhere . fish from before light and all day . well old man i didn't have a bite again this evening . its still early though . it will come .

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Monty you just cant never tell you may try that then keep letting the dlip a little longer till you find them look for the shad and there will be cats just under them

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd fish it with a slip bobber and some fresh cut bait. Start off a couple feet deep and keep changing depths until you find where they are at. Best of Luck to you!!!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i like fishing close to the banks early in the year. as the sun warms the surface temps, so does the ground. try fishing on the side of the lake where the wind is blowing into the bank.. this side tends to warm quicker in the day, drawing baitfish...maybe you can pick up a cat or two there...goodluck