How to find tournaments ahead of time?

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by playin4funami, Oct 6, 2009.

1. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Hello everyone,I was wondering if you all would share your knowledge on finding out about different tournaments around your area,It seems like the only time I hear about one it's over already or is a big one many miles away. Is there a tournament website or is it mostly word of mouth. I would like to find some nice tounaments to fish next year so I can get my butt kicked. It should be a humbling experience! Also it would be nice if someone could write a article about fishing some of the bigger tournaments with info on things like how to get registered,what the boat inspection entails,and all those little details that most of us that havn't done any tournaments don't see. Sort of a timeline reference as to what happens when and what to expect. Some of these things seem a little daunting to me. I know I'm probably making too big a deal out of it,but hey we all gotta start somewhere!

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'll keep you posted on any I hear about.....

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Don i know how you feel. My first tournament i didn't even catch a fish:big_smile: but that alone made me seek...................so fishn tournaments made me not only a better fisherman but also taught me on boat setup, rigs, what to bring, etc. If you seek around on this site you can learn a lot but only by fishn them will you become a master:wink:

4. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    id love to get out and fish atleast one trny before the season is over, but my boat isnt trny ready.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think you would hear of a lot more tourneys if the BOC didnt make a club be a member of the partners in catfishing in order to advertise a tourney. i think if they let anyone post on their states section or what not about a tourney comming up whether boc affiliated or not then a lot more people would fish these tourneys because they at least know about it. but i do understand why they do this...so i cant be too upset or bent about it. but i do think that would help. and heck even if they werent boc affiliated and a fisherman gets to the tourney and is asked how he heard about it and they the BOC well there yo go! a cheap plug for catfish1.com but these are only thoughts. and rules are rules

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the Post. I'm looking into this also.​

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    It cost a whopping 0 dollars to partner up with the BOC.

Why wouldn't you do it if you owned a tournament?

People can plug any tournament they wish, in the right section, if they are a partner or not.

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Paul im not argueing that point one bit at all. I totally agree with u. And i was against it when our club decided not to do it anymore. i couldnt understand why. i knew they wanted their own website and even told them that they could do both and that the BOC only helped us out. but the old timers just didnt want any part of it. The president i know would like for us to join the BOC again but the other members just arent for that. if it were up to me the club would be a partner again cuz we do have small tourneys which i understand was kind of a hassle always sending a post with the weights and everything. but we do it on our website so whats five minutes to send another email on here. i think personally had we been on here that our open tourney wouldve drawn 30 more boats to our event. and instead of 106 we couldve had closer to 150. And i have mentioned that if we want this biggest tourney in the country that we have to be a part of the BOC. but im just a young member who knows nothing in our club. but hopefully one day down the road we will become members again. cuz i thought it was a good boost for the club. just others didnt see it that way