how to edit your pictures?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Johnny B, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    probably been posted already but how are you guys editing your avatars? I put up a pumpkin I carved but it was deleted because my face wasn't on it. Im not the greatest with computers so some pointers would definately be a plus! Happy Haloween everyone!:crazy:Thanks, Johnny B

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Johnny on the home page under quick links look for the FAQ section ,i think you will find the info you need in there

3. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I use a free program called GIMP (http://gimp.org); it's the most powerful free image editing program that I know of. It's not hard to use once you learn your way around. I use the "free select tool" in GIMP to cut faces out. From there, I can edit that cut-out as I please (paste, resize, recolor, etc.). There are other ways, but that's the way I do it. :wink:

4. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Thanks dan.

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
  6. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Yup, I use "Gimp" as well Dan & it's a VERY good free alternative to photoshop & there's LOADS of tutorials for it over on YouTube . Another good programme to use is Paint.net ...... what I find useful about it is the "magic wand" cuts out unwanted parts MUCH better than the GIMP one does & it's easier to use, you might want to download it as well for back-up.

John, if you want to upload a photo of yourself for me to rip & "Halloweenise" for you, I got no problem with doing that, just tell me what theme you want & I'll see what I can do, ok? :wink::wink: