HOW TO CHOOSE A NEW REEL

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by catman4926, Apr 14, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    THIS IS HOW I WOULD GO ABOUT BUYING A NEW REEL, HOW IS MY CHECK BOOK SETTING (FAT OR THIN) TALK TO YOR FRIENDS,LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAVE,BAIT CAST OR SPINNING, HOW MUCH TRUBLE HAVE THEY HAD WITH IT, WHAT KIND OF FISHING ARE YOU GOING TO DO,BIG FISH MED FISH,OR SMALL FISH, AFTER YOU DECIDE ON THAT, THEN START SHOPPING AROUND AND ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS,IT WILL BE WELL WORTH YOUR TIME TO RESEARCH EACH BRAND ON THE INTER NET AND EMAIL THEM AND TELL WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY. BUY A NEW REEL IS A PAY ME NOW ARE PAY ME LATER SO WATCH OUT FOR THOSE SO CALLED GOOD BUY'S. AFTER YOU HAVE BOUGHT ABOUT TWENTY YOU MIGHT HAVE FOUND THE ONE YOU LIKE, TRY TO BUY A GOOD REEL BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS SELL IT OR TRADE. THIS IS JUST MY THINKING WHAT IS YOURS??????:big_smile:

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YESTERDAY BECAUSE IT HAS COME AND GONE PRASIE HIM AND GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY:big_smile:

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    when i go buy a new rod and reel I will usually ask people there experiences with them and if there good before i buy them

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Shopping and information is important, but actually seeing and using the reel is the real test... If you are lucky, you can get to use a reel before you buy it..

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I don't mean to be capricious here, but do you normally use reels before you buy them? If so, are you buying them from your friends? And if so, why are they selling them?

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    This is the best place for info on reels. Just read as many posts as possible. alot of these members have years of experience trying different reels, including myself. I have tried many different reels. Some great. Some Junk. I believe you get what you pay for. I will spend the extra money on a quality reel. I would rather have a reel that will last me a lifetime, with proper maintainance, than have a cheap piece of junk that can fail anytime. Especially at the moment of fighting a big fish. Listen to what the others say, and make your decision. Mine is Abu-Garcia.:wink: