How to build a gocart? for welding and metal shop.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whiskerchaser, Sep 7, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok guys i got the hang of welding down now we are doing oxy acetylene in welding and arc in mechanics. what i wanna know would building a go cart be too hard for a beginner like me I plan on started in the middle of the year so i have experience what parts would i need? which welding should i use? arc or oxy acetylene in arc we are using a 6011 rod.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That maybe a little labor intensive for a first project but not impossible. Good luck

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The karts I raced were cromemolly. That is best done with a tig. A yard kart you could do with a stick welder. Remember to get all the welds right. You don't want to have a piece break and go thru your calf or thigh. That would be a fun project with a kart to rip around in when your done! Good luck and have fun.
    Bill

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well oxy will be cleaner or if u use DC- it should be clean with arc.. but i think u need to use a certain rod but i think 6011 are the ones

but oxy is Hard to do for me but oxy is stronger especially if u make a good one with filler

it will be neat once u get it done

u can say hey i built this !!

good luck

Jeff