How to beat thirst while fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishing is fun, Aug 4, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    what you do is bring a cooler full of ur favorite bevrage lol sorry for wasting your time

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    To quench my thirst I normally drink some water lol. What I normally do is just bring a big jug full of it to where I am fishing. If I have a cooler and ice available I get that too, but normally just the big jug will do me fine. A little warm water never hurt. More convenient than a cooler too when you have to walk a ways like I do.

3. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i often use the insilated jug coolers with the little nozzle on the side where ur supposed to fill cups it works great also as a chair, as long as it dosnt have that ridge on top that hurts lol

4. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    What I do is freeze up a bunch of pop bottles full of water and throw them in my ice chest and take them along.

Ken

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

if your walking a good ways to your fishing hole and the ground isn't real bad you could get a garden wagon from LOWES. I got mine second hand for 35.00 but you can buy them new for 60. I haven't put my rod holders on yet but I do use it for pier and surf fishing.

6. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    hey laidbak thats a really good idea i may just have to make me one of those cause i dont have a boat and the wagon with rod holders would be brilent ur a genious and ur catfish are bigger than mine lol

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I've got one of those also, they are AWESOME! I didn't put rod holders on mine yet eithier, but I'm going to. I also got a golfcart type of thing, I can't wait to take it to the point in hatteras, going to mount pole holders on the front of it and drive it out there.

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like water and sweet tea,Iv got a war waggon w/rod holders I had to put biger wheels on it ..Some of my spots are out there thats why they are (MY SPOT'S) ..............

9. I usually make me some kool-aid and fill up some two liter bottles dat I got from drinkin da Dr. peppers... ad you can freeze dem too, just dont fill dem too much in your ole lady's freezer...keeyaawww dat could be real bad...specially da red kool-aid

10. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    what i do is take and freeze water in a gallon jug, about 3/4 full, and i fill up my camelback with ice, coke, and rum, usually makes for one heck of a fishin trip...

11. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I have the Big Bobber Cooler. It floats and it works real well. I got it for my Birthday this year. Here is a pic of one.

Attached Files:

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    lol that thing is crazy! i wish i had one...

13. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That is the coolest ice chest I have ever seen!!!

That is a great idea! I need to get one of those!

14. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Hubby Akwolf is never without his can of Pepsi. I think that those cans are attached to his hip! lol

Anyways, he always takes along a cooler full of 'em when fishing and one other while he drives back and forth.

15. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I keep a gal. jug of water under the console and throw a couple of gatorades in the bait cooler.:big_smile:

Straight water is what your body can absorb the fastest.

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Bring a cooler full of ice cold water. Nothing beats that in the heat brother!!

17. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    i usually put ice in my bait bucket ,if i get to thirsty ill just take a few big gulps. oh dont get a perch stuck in your throat them fins really hurt,lol.

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I freeze bottles of water and Gatorade. When I head out I throw them in a cooler and leave one out to thaw and drink. As I start to finish one I pull another one out to start thawing.

No need for ice!!!

19. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I freeze a big bottle of water , or if it's cool out , take a thermos of coffee .
    Brian

20. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i wouldn't like the taste of fish poo :crazy:. I have a small cooler that I put a few bottled waters in with a freeze pack.