How to bait hole in the river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by shawn_donna, Feb 28, 2006.

1. shawn_donna

shawn_donna New Member

State:
    rutherfordton nc
    can any one tell me how to bait hole in the river

2. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ummmmm, not sure if i understand what you are asking.
    if you mean to bait an area for fishing at a later time, then dogfood works well. just find an area with very slow or no current and dump it out. or you can put it in some sort of sack with a brick in it.

3. shawn_donna

shawn_donna New Member

State:
    rutherfordton nc
    thank a lot i will trie it

4. trigger

trigger New Member

State:
    north carolina
    is baiting a hole legal

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I posted this once before and I'm serious, find some road kill, scoop it up into a gunny sack, toss in a couple bricks (I work in a brickyard so I would appreciate the business) and drop in the hole with a clear jug with a white cap tied low enough to be under water and out of the way of outboards. The white cap lets you see the clear jug but isn't so obvious everyone else sees it. The road kill will sweeten the hole and the jug will let you find it to retrieve it (don't litter) and others won't see it on the water and fish your spot. Put out your thinner dinner (road kill) a couple hours before fishing and you will have them lined up. We do this on a river and a local lake and we catch more than most in the area and have people asking how we did it. They think we are kidding about the road kill but that's how we do it. Oh, don't use skunk, I think the fish might not mind but it plays heck in the boat on the way to the hole.lol

6. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    you can also use a bail of alphalpha hay.

7. fishmania

fishmania New Member

State:
    kentuky
    I am going to try the road kill this summer hope it works thanks for the info

8. Southedisto

Southedisto New Member

State:
    SC
    I have used sour corn with some success. Take about 25lbs of shell corn, let it soak covered in water for about three weeks stirring every few days. Just make sure it stays covered with water, also cover the container its in.
    Add a little salt if you like. When its ready, you will know by the smell, I put mine in the plastic type orange bags, or crocus sacks tie it to my anchor toss it out and fish behind the boat. Just pour out the sacked corn when done.

9. Rickb6959

Rickb6959 New Member

State:
    Clayton NC
    I don't know if baiting is legal, But if it is you can take can's of dog food and punch holes in the cans. The cat's will suck on the cans.

10. Kerrlakecatmaster

Kerrlakecatmaster New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Take your skinned catfish and putem in a old feed sackwith a few little slits and bricks. You'll be surprised

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Man this is a good thread! Lot's of info, I've done the can dogfood and the dry dogfood in a sock works good. Ya'll keep them coming.