how to attach yoyos to tree limb

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by rcjoyner, May 7, 2008.

1. rcjoyner

rcjoyner New Member

State:
    tn
    I know you can tie a yoyo to a tree limb but there has got to be a better way.

I have thought about a clip of some sort so you can quickly un-hook with a fish on in windy conditions where the boat is unstable.

any ideas??

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Rob - How are you tying your line onto the limb? When I get ready to take mine off, they come off real easy. I wrap my line around about twice and then tie a tie in it similar to a shoe string tie bowtie, but with only one bow.

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i tie mine in a slip not just like cntry boy but i dont use yo yo's i just tie my line to the branch

4. Fish Guy

Fish Guy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Maybe velcro straps, you can get at Home depot or a hardwre store?

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    slip knots with a bow work good for me. When ya take them off just pull up there and pull on the tag end and they come right off.

6. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Go to your local Wal mart and buy a bag of magic trotline clips. This is what I use. tie the yo-yo line to the loop on the bottom of the clip then wrap the line two times around the tree limb, then clip the clip back to the line, it will not come off and is quick and easy to do. The cilps come in bags of 25 and cost around 7.00 dollars. They work great for me

7. Rtpcat

Rtpcat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I use the small clips that people use as keychains or clips to hook into a belt loop. My kids get these from somewhere they are alumn and strong enough. I tie my line from the yo-yo to the clip and then wrap around the limb once or twice and hook it on the line. Same idea as using the trotline clips. I only do this since it allow 8 yrs olds and up to put them on the limb and take them off without me wondering if it is secure. That way "thier yo-yo" caught the fish....:big_smile: