how the fishing on sante

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by stevescarlett, Feb 29, 2008.

1. stevescarlett

stevescarlett New Member

State:
    tennessee
    any one fishing the lower lake planing a trip the 13 14 15 have not been back sens 9 12 07 have a hard time getting in at harrys this time we are staying on the lower lake can anyone help thanks

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Welcome to the BOC. I apologize that no one has taking the time to answer your question. Wish I could help you but, I haven't been there in a while. Seems like most of the folks here have just dissappeared.

3. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Steve normaly I could help you but I have not been to the lake in 3 or 4 weeks.
    When I was there I used herring and drift fished west of markers 15 through 17 with good results. The largest being 22 ilbs.

As you know that does not mean anything now.

Welcome to the BOC
    Jim

4. josh0031

josh0031 New Member

State:
    georgia
    my father in law just got back they done alright on the lower lake caught 1 that was in the 50's I don't know what they were doing .

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC.

My last few trips which has been a few weeks ago, I didnat have veryu nuch success just little fish. The water is rising and so is the water temps so I would concentrate on some shallower water near a deep drop off and the night bite is probably going to be the best with the fish coming up so shallow. I talked to a few buddies of mine that fished a tourney down there this weekend and there wasnt a lot of fish caught by anyone. Im sorry not to have much more info just try using fresh shad or herring and keep an eye out for where the birds are causer that id where the bait fish will be and the cats should be in the same area.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Josh welcome to the BOC and thanks for the report.

7. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    steve if i was going i whould go to the west dyke area an start shallow give it extra time dont be in a hurry use reel fresh bloody bate of whatever you get dont make it to big move it reel slow or anchor this should work let me know im trying to get down this wk if i get over this bug its wearing my insides out an i got lots of gut lol:confused2::confused2:

8. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    My wife dropped lap top had to buy new one. Back on line. Just got back from santee caught a 53 lb 30 lb . Caught atotal of 155 lb fished lower lake 26 to 30 feet. Mullet and cut pearch. A lot people are saying anchoring in shallow water. Fished out of Hills boat ramp is in good shape.

9. josh0031

josh0031 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey bubba tell her not to drop the new

10. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    I took out ins. on this one. They said i could shoot it with gun and they would replace it.

11. josh0031

josh0031 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I heard that, you talked to anybody about the tournement

12. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    No going to go to Ga. site and see if i can find some info.

13. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    The weekend tourny yielded alot of fish,and big ones.I seen several fish from 36-51lbs weighed in.In fact ,is was a BOC member from SC who won it....

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah Jimmy I heard that there wasnt alot of fish caught from them but I hear from others that wasnt true. I reckon they just didnt want too own up to it. They set up for flatheads in 1 part of the lake and blew the wad waiting on flatheads and it didnt work.LOL Congrats to lakemoultrieblues cause I heard he smoked them. I wish I would have fished it but I wasnt to keen on siting in the boat all night in the cold Ill save that for the summer.LOL

15. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    We caught 11 fish and weighed in 10 for a total of 247 lbs. Our big fish was 40.6 and had a couple more 36 and 32 lbs. All our fish were caught drifting 20-35'. We tried anchoring for a while but that didn't work. I think screamnclickersc even caught 1 of those fish. I have a couple pics I will try to post when I get home today.

16. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Forgot to mention that all our fish were caught in lake Moultrie.

17. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Both them Blues in the 30's was mine.I think the cold froze your noggin!The 36 was my PB on Blues.

18. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on your PB Jimmy and for yalls win.

19. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Here are some pics of a couple of our fish. 40.6 and Jimmy's PB 36 lb blue

Attached Files:

20. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    Mark cong. the little man got mad at us.We give him 40.$ took the big fish money and payed for trip