How should I handle this?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rednecksportsman511, Feb 6, 2006.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I already posted this thread, but for some reason I think the mods took it off. So I'll try and rephrase it. I was stating my opinion on a website, and someone who I go to school with replied to my post. She disagreed with everyhting I had said, and instead of just saying that, she argued and called my opinion a load of horse poop (I used the nice word.) I have two classes with this person, how should I handle it if he/she approaches me and begins an arguement at school?

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Smile knowingly, wink and walk away....let her figure out what just happened.:p

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You need to ask yourself this question. Does it really matter what she thinks of your oppinion??? And is the confrontation worth it?

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Opinions are just that "opinions"
    As was stated from Ken Smile knowingly, wink and walk away....let her figure out what just happened.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Best advise you could ever follow!!!

It may be hard to do, you may want to "go off on her"

But that wont solve anything, and the winkin and walking away will cause her brain to go into overload, and you will get to witness a nice meltdown.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    What you really need to ask yourself it this: "If the mods took my thread down do I really want to re-open it?" Just might be that there was a reason for it. ;)

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For what it's worth & my opinon, I think the kid is doing a positive thing, coming on & asking for advice on how to handle the problem. I'd rather see this than to hear about it being handled in a negative way. But that's just my two cents.

Let me try to offer some help from experience, since it involved a girl:

If you try & go off on her, no matter whos right or wrong, it will make you look bad. I did that once to a girl at school. Now granted this girl was twice the man that I'll ever be. No joke, I think she won a couple tough woman contests after school. But anyways.... I was right, she was wrong, we both knew it & so did lot sof other people that were around. I figured I'd exchange smart alleck words at her rather than to get into with her. In return she beat the crap out of me! :eek: No lie , she busted my lip open & beat the crap out of me. I was bruised & bleeding! I knew I couldnt touch this "girl" so I threw her books out the window onto the highway. Well.....that didnt make her any happier. The throwing of the books out the window was pretty funny as it got a huger laugh out of everyone. The whole time, I was laughing & acting like nothing fazed me. But ruth be told, she had really wore me out but good!

Moral of the story..... Dont even try to get into it with a girl. You wont win. ;) You can apply that to when you get married too!

8. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    You might as well just give up and take her out for ice cream...lol All kidding aside, Forget the arguement....no mater what happens,she will win.

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I have to agree with Ken and catbird they both are right lol
    it just isnt worth the confrontation and its like bubbakat said a opinion and just agree to the fact you both can disagree.

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Let it die. You can't win. Look at the high intensity posts in the BOC. Changing someones mind that is set is like trying to walk thru a contrete wall.
    Bill

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Hmmmm, let's see. How about just saying to her,
    "That's all right. With maturity, you'll be able to discuss different opinions without having to bring in personalities."

12. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Just remeber. It takes a big man to walk away and let it die. That is the correct thing to do. You wont change their opinion no matter what you say.

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    .... I like the stink bait idea. ;)

14. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I think this is the best answer I have seen yet.

My answer would be the long-winded version of this. I would try to 'argue' my point without getting angry about it. Let her do the same. Have a civilized conversation with differences of opinion. You can learn a lot like that. You don't have to agree but you can listen. In the end, if you can't reach agreement, agree to disagree. Respect her opinion and hope that she will respect yours. This will happen many many times in your life! This is just the beginning...

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thank her.The more people around,the better.Thank her for telling everyone how different you two think.How much better you feel,now that everyone knows how different you are.Be real nice and sincere.I am as proud of the people that DO NOT like me,as I am of the ones that DO like me.I do not wish to be the kind of person that I would have to be,to be liked by some.I would have to be their kind of person.I would be ashamed of myself.I have thanked a lot of people for not liking me.peewee-williams

16. Icemanxxxv

Icemanxxxv New Member

State:
    Smithville Missouri
    She disagreed with everyhting I had said, and instead of just saying that, she argued and called my opinion a load of horse poop (I used the nice word.) I have two classes with this person, how should I handle it if he/she approaches me and begins an arguement at school

If it a she marry her?

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You prob have a Valentines Day Dance coming up @ school soon, right?

While she is yelling at you & screaming becasue she disagrees, ask her out. ;)

18. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Now theres an idea!!!!!!!

Just let it die. Whatever you do don't let her fight you

Is she hot??? :evil-big::evil-big:

19. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    i like the stink bait idea better to but make sure u roll some of it up so it looks like logs if u know what i mean before u put it in there

20. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Son, we can't all like the same things, else everyone would be after grandma.

Nuff said:cool: