How should I cook this little guy ( pic )

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Montgomery, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well normaly i always cpr. but i have heard over and over again. about how good flatheads are to eat. so i got her cleaned and the meat soaking in salt water. any tips on best way to eat it ??? this little girl drug both my pole ,tackle box and lantern. into the river with it. it hit like a shark. i casted set the pole down. and bam, no hessitations . great times ..

Attached Files:

2. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    last one i promise

Attached Files:

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    About twice as much cornmeal (yellow) as flour, paprika, red pepper to taste, salt to taste. dredge fish in meal flour combination, place in hot oil (350 deg) cook till brown and meat flakes. Plate up with favorite condiments and enjoy with beverage of choice.

4. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thank you sir. if no one else has any suggestions.that is exactly how it will be maid.

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ditto what Bam said. Later Andy

6. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Agreed, Bam is the Man.

Gene

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    WELL I TOOK YOUR ADVICE . AND I MUST SAY WOW. VERY VERY TASTY. SO THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOKING EXPERTISE. AND I WOULD SUGGEST EVERYONE DO IT THAT WAY. THANK YOU TASTED GREAT. BETTER THEN CHANNEL IF YOU ASK ME

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Flathead is the beat eating catfish by far! I lemon baked a smallish one a while back, since I had enough to experiment with, and it was awesome. Did it again with some nice bluecat fillets. Hard to beat spiced up cornmeal, and deep fried, but it's good however you cook it.