How safe is your neighborhood?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SubnetZero, May 30, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Got this in an Email.. Pretty Disturbing.. Looking at some of the convictions (sexual assault on a 3 yo!!!), makes me wanna hit the shooting range to practice.....

> www.FamilyWatchDog.us <http://www.familywatchdog.us/>
    >
    >
    > When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up
    > with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red, blue and green
    > dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a
    > picture of a criminal will appear with his or her home address and the
    > description of the crime he or she has committed.
    >
    >
    >
    > The best thing is that you can show your children these pictures and see
    > how close these people live to your home or school.
    >
    >
    >
    > This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. This is
    > another tool we can use to help us keep our kids safe.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the info.I checked my area and there is a few close. My family will also appreciate this link.I'm gonna forward to a bunch of people.
    Thanks again Bro!!! Reps sent your way!!! :big_smile:

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Pretty darn safe, unless that map is inaccurate, which it is, but still my neighborhood is very safe. Especially now that there is a county sheriff living next door.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim thanks for sharing this link/info. Good to know.:lol::smile2:

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my neighborhood stinks and I dont need to look that up. i have an 18 yr old baby killer 3 doors down who left her baby in the bath to make a phone call...baby drowned. I have a next door neighbor whos shady and friends with the drug dealer I was having problems with,who was arrested (his sister lent the house to my neighbor to manage until his release) and a new spanish neighbor who's friend has an aggressive pit bull that chased me into my own house but dissappeared when I came back out with my 9mm. smart mutt. the k 9 officer said I could shoot the thing if it comes after me again in my yard. I need to get out of the city. Does anyone have the winning power ball #?

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Tim I have been a county Deputy for 20 years, believe me there are more low lifes now than there ever has been. I live on a dead end road and am armed 24/7, so my area is pretty safe. Everybody needs to be aware of what is around them. Thanks again for sharing your concern.

7. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the info, sent it to all my family

8. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hey subnet:-

I wish they had a website like this over here bud, but as long as we got a p***y like Tony Blair in office, I guess it ain't gonna happen.

Rep points coming back to you.

Tight Lines & Good Luck!!

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I had given my tenants in a particular house a 10-day notice to pay what they owed me or move out, and the 10 days was up. I went inside to see if they had moved their personal belongings and just left the furniture and stuff, and found two bags of crack, all in little baggies, ready for sale on the street. Together, the two bags would have been almost as big as a softball. I didn't remove it and call the police, because if I had it in my possession, I could be charged. I simply called the police to come get it. I told them that I had also found a new clip for an AK47. A couple of real donut-eaters showed up. They weren't at all interested in the dope; they were more interested in giving me a hard time. I had changed the locks on the doors, so that evening, when I found that the ex-tenants had broken back into the house, I called 911 again. I explained that I knew they had weapons and dope on the property, therefore I wasn't about to go there without a police officer. The first 911 operator I talked to didn't even bother to forward the information to the police--at least that's what a different 911 operator told me an hour later when I called back, wanting to know why an officer hadn't shown up. More BS and beating around the bush. Finally, after 3 hours, some officers showed up. Of course, by that time, the dope was gone, the weapons were gone, and the furniture was gone, except for some old damaged pieces that were not much better than junk. The officers that finally showed up that night were what I expect professional police officers to be--professional, and wanting to do their jobs. They weren't happy with the donut-eaters for letting a bust that size slip through their fingers, and said they were going to report them for not doing their job. I knew from the time a pickup truck left the house loaded with furniture till the time it came back empty, that they were moving only a short distance away. I told the officers that, and gave them descriptions of the truck and car they were driving. I really think that these dope dealers were pretty much off the radar, because the officers weren't aware of them. They seemed very interested in locating their new digs, so they could watch them.

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    the map said i have 3 losers 3 mile a way. Not to bad

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Now thats pretty cool. Looks like I'm surrounded by child molesters. All I got to say if i see anything I'll be an adult molester with a shotgun:cool2:

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Crap, they are everywhere!!!:crazy:

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mrs. Ol' Man taught GED in a correctional institution and there were a lot of young guys that were there for "dating" under aged girls. Their lives are ruined for a long time...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The only two things we do with greater frequency in middle age are urinate and attend funerals.

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

When I see:
    PREDATORY CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT - Victim was 3 years of age

Or
    AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT - Victim was 6 years of age
    AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEX ABUSE/BODILY HARM - Victim was 6 years of age

Their lives aren't ruined enough for long enough!

15. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks man. I checked it out and found one on the street behind me. There are a ton of kids on my street and it scares me to know one is near by.

16. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

The way i see it, sex offenders, baby killers (like my neighbor who drowned her baby when she left her unattended infant in the tub to make a phone call) & drug dealers should be added to the capital punishment list. but the way things are, unless your in texas it'll still be a free ride on our expense for the scum of the earth.