How old were you when started getting grey hair?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Apr 6, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Some may not answer or some this probably won't even apply to. I was just getting ready and started wondering if i'm one of very many that started going grey at a young age. :confused2: I think I was still in High School when I got my first grey hairs and by the time I was in my mid 20's I had quite a bit. Now,I'm almost 34 and almost(99%) all grey headed. I think it runs on my Dad's side of the family for going grey early.
    What about you all? I'm sure somebody out there has me beat!!!:big_smile:

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, I was 44 when the first grey showed up, and it's been slow but steady ever since. Stress is a big contributor, I am sure! And you're probably right about it being genetic, John... but baldness is inherited from your mom's side, so I dunno about greyness.

Didn't Steve Martin have pure white hair in his 20's or even teens?

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Not sure about him but I was told my Dad's Dad was white-headed before he was 20.
    Thats cool about baldness,I didn't know about that.I'm pretty lucky on that part though.Full head of hair but all grey!
    Doesn't it say somewhere that grey hair is a sign of wisdom???:confused2: :big_smile: :lol:

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I was 25 when I started getting grey hair in my beard. But as of yet there are no grey hairs in my hair yet.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I wish I had hair :lol: , I have grey in my beard tho didnt really no tho cause I couldnt grow it while in the reserves. I knew after I retired that it had grey in it.

I was balding in my 20's tho

6. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    My mom told me I was born with a grey hair. I thought I would be grey headed by now since my dad's hair was totally grey by his late 20's. (and bald by 35) But I guess I took after my mom side and I have only a couple of grey hairs and still have a full head of hair at 37 years old. (I have a 2 year old boy trying to change that)

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I started getting them in after high school. Im 31 now. I might be going grey early but at least my genes say I get to keep it all.

8. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    I'm 36 and for the last 7-8 yrs its steadly getting worse,mine started in my beard and the sides of my head.i tell my wife its her falt for the gray hair and the pack and a half of smokes!

9. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Started getting mine the first time the county fuzz said " BOY YOU IN BIG TROUBLE NOW":wink: .

10. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i had a few when i was eighteen luckily i still only have a few

11. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I started getting my first grey hairs at 25 and I have alot now @ 32

12. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I was married at 24 and it started that year.
    Bill

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a few. I pull them out when I find them, but I think that when you pull one, two more take it's place. I'm 34, the first probably showed up when I was 30. Just the stress of knowing I'm no longer 20 something.

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It started when I was makein sure that my 3 sons had enough condoms. LOL!

15. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I was about 45 Yrs old. I was raising a teen age daughter by myself, need I say anymore.:boss:

16. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    lol I'm 20, I have not seen any grey hair yet, but I know that my dad started get grey hair when he was 39 yrs old.

17. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I was in my thirties...my...that was along time ago. But unlike my sons...I still have all of mine.

18. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I started gettin grey at 40, started loosing my hair really bad at 50, now Im knocking on the door of 60, and what little grey hair I have left I buzz it off every 2 weeks. Man I love this low maintance hair do. should of shaved it at 40 :lol: :lol:

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Duh can,t remember Oyea it was a long long time ago:tounge_out:

20. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I am 31 and can proudly say I have no gray hairs - mine just fall out. It started around 25 and I now have a pretty good receding hairline. :sad2: