Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

How old were you when started getting grey hair?

4K views 69 replies 61 participants last post by  catfisherman60 
#1 ·
Some may not answer or some this probably won't even apply to. I was just getting ready and started wondering if i'm one of very many that started going grey at a young age. :confused2: I think I was still in High School when I got my first grey hairs and by the time I was in my mid 20's I had quite a bit. Now,I'm almost 34 and almost(99%) all grey headed. I think it runs on my Dad's side of the family for going grey early.
What about you all? I'm sure somebody out there has me beat!!!:big_smile:

#2 ·
Well, I was 44 when the first grey showed up, and it's been slow but steady ever since. Stress is a big contributor, I am sure! And you're probably right about it being genetic, John... but baldness is inherited from your mom's side, so I dunno about greyness.

Didn't Steve Martin have pure white hair in his 20's or even teens?

#3 ·
Well, I was 44 when the first grey showed up, and it's been slow but steady ever since. Stress is a big contributor, I am sure! And you're probably right about it being genetic, John... but baldness is inherited from your mom's side, so I dunno about greyness.

Didn't Steve Martin have pure white hair in his 20's or even teens?

Not sure about him but I was told my Dad's Dad was white-headed before he was 20.
Thats cool about baldness,I didn't know about that.I'm pretty lucky on that part though.Full head of hair but all grey!
Doesn't it say somewhere that grey hair is a sign of wisdom???:confused2: :big_smile: :lol:

#5 ·
I wish I had hair :lol: , I have grey in my beard tho didnt really no tho cause I couldnt grow it while in the reserves. I knew after I retired that it had grey in it.

I was balding in my 20's tho

#6 ·
My mom told me I was born with a grey hair. I thought I would be grey headed by now since my dad's hair was totally grey by his late 20's. (and bald by 35) But I guess I took after my mom side and I have only a couple of grey hairs and still have a full head of hair at 37 years old. (I have a 2 year old boy trying to change that)

#7 ·
I started getting them in after high school. Im 31 now. I might be going grey early but at least my genes say I get to keep it all.

#11 ·
I started getting my first grey hairs at 25 and I have alot now @ 32

#18 ·
I started gettin grey at 40, started loosing my hair really bad at 50, now Im knocking on the door of 60, and what little grey hair I have left I buzz it off every 2 weeks. Man I love this low maintance hair do. should of shaved it at 40 :lol: :lol:

#23 ·
Thanks everybody for the replies! I'm Thankful that I have hair and I can dye it. :roll_eyes: :lol: Seems like i'm not the only one that got it too early.
I know there are some more out there that maybe don't wanna admit it...:big_smile: :lol:

#24 ·
Funny you should ask John, the answer is LAST WEEK :lol: - and like Carolyn (Hope) I'm 44. I went to the ladies room at work, and glanced at myself in the mirror. Saw this long shiny lookin' thing; it wasn't even gray, it was WHITE. I jerked it out, and then saw ANOTHER one :roll_eyes:. My mom used to worry me when I was a young teenager, saying over and over again she started going gray when she was 16. Luckily, I seem to take after my Dad's side of the family. Even at 50 he only had one small spot of gray on his head. Dad's 68 now, and he's totally gray finally - but mom's been white-headed ever since I can remember, except for the years she hit the bottle (OF HAIR DYE :big_smile:).

#25 ·
I still have no grey hair. I have spent 6 years in Law Enforcement, 14 years in the military (8 years active duty), two trips to Iraq, two trips to Bosnia, survived being married for almost 6 years now and I have two boys between two and four years old and I turned 32 today. Stress is not a factor with grey hair I dont think. Maybe I can make it a few more years :smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.