How old is your bow??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by BLKCLOUD, Sep 29, 2007.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I only have 1 bow and its a Browning deluxe nomad I purchased in 1982-1983..I had to put 1 string on it about 10 years ago but I still hunt with it and it still kills deer..I have shot it so many times that I never even do any pratice shots now before the season..I don't do any shots over 25 yards, not because I couldn't but my stand placement is in a really good spot and they usually walk right to me..

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    its an old martin my uncle gave me. im guessing late 80s just by the look of it. but i love it, ive been practicing with it almost everyday for the past few weeks now. im ready for sure now. come on monday:smile2:

3. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to shoot a PSE Nova that I got in 2001 or 2002 for christmas. I liked it but I usually crossbow hunted with a really old Horton..........I went to a sports show and shot the Mathews Switchback XT and it was amazing. It took me a while to save the money but I have had My Switchback XT for about a year and a half and absolutely love it

4. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I shoot a Mathews MQ32 that I bought probably six years ago. I bought it after having a bad experience with an old bow I was using. It shoots dead on and still looks brand new. These newer bows are tempting, but I think I'll stick with this one for now.

5. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Have a High Country V-Max about 7 yrs old. Shot it through the radar the other night at 240mph. I'll stick w/it for a few more years. I'd like to have one of the newer 300+ out there, but mine is fast enough when I think about putting $600+ in a new one.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have an old pse carroll intruder that my wife said i would have to part with if i was gonna buy a new one. Guess i'll keep ole caroline if thats how she feels about it. I did sneek a used hoyt into the house last year and honestly don't think she even noticed it.

7. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I shoot a Brand New 2007 AR 31. I bought it back in January and it shoots extremely well. I used to shoot a Hoyt MagnaTec but out grew it. This bow shoots 300+ fps and i paid less than $600 for the entire set up.

8. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I shoot a '96 model Hoyt Intruder. Its about time for a new one.lol.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My main bow is a 1964-65 Bear Grizzly recurve I paid $12 for at a yard sale.

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    my bow is about an 11 year old mcpherson. (b4 mathew's bought them out)

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I still use my 1992 Golden Eagle Hawk System. Sure I would like a new one, but this bow feels so comfortable for me when shooting and it kills deer so Im sticking with it.

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I have a 2007 Ross Cardiac & love it! I broke it in yesterday, killing 2 does! :big_smile:

If you haven't changed your string in 10 years, i'd say you are WAY past due. I wouldn't go more that 3-4 years.

13. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    I've been shooting the same pse nova for almost 10 years. It's killed 43 deer and 2 elk. It still shoots good and i figure if it ain't broke, i dont need to buy one of those new fancy ones.

14. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I bought a Browing Mirage in '95. before that I used an old Grizzly, like Billie is talkin about. I just use the Grizzly for bow fishin now.
    When you get use to a bow its like an old friend, you shake hands with every time you use it.

15. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i shoot a bear whitetail hunter. it's big, heavy, and accurate as hell. i would like a smaller lighter bow and will get one sometime, but my bow kills deer. i figure if i got a total pass through at 40 yards, it'll do! i didn't have money to put in to a bow, but my buddy bought it last year for my birthday, so it has sentimental value to it.

16. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    i got a parker buck hunter i bought in the spring. All i needed was a doe to move ten yards closer monday to break it in but o well gonna try it agian saturday. I did get to test it out on a groundhog opening day. my muzzy roadhead blasted right through its skull at 10 yards. still cant wait to test it out on a deer

17. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    mine is an old high country excalibur

18. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    mine is an old high country excalibur 12 yrs old 70lb shoots 275 without trying to get speed but what i really like is its quiet and has good punch down range and i almost forgot paid for a long time ago lol

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just got my old Bear Grizzly compound out of the case today and did a little practicing with it. This is the first time in 6 or 7 years that I've shot it. The Weather Rest was dry rotted and broke off as soon as I put an arrow on it. I changed the rest and put 50 arrows down range. I bought it in 1984-85 and it still has the original string on it. Maybe it's time to re-string it!!!

20. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I shoot an old recurve that my dad gave me when he passed away. Only break it out every couple years. I haven't hunted with it in ages. Its an old Polar Bear Recurve. I found some info on how to date it, but I haven't dug the bow out yet. My dad said he got it when he was 12 or 13 new. That would put it in the 57-58 category.