How old are these

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DELLIS, Oct 19, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    here is a coffee cup and tin cup i know my dad had them when i was a small child but im trying to find out if anybody remembers where they may have come from or about what year i think he said a gas station but not sure

Attached Files:

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Was your dad an Ohio native, Dan? My Dad is in his 80's and still lives up in Michigan... I could show him the photo and ask if he recognizes the cups.

3. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    yes he was an ohio native

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cool... well, my dad grew up in southern michigan, very near the Ohio border, and he knows alot about old stuff :big_smile: ... I'll have to snail-mail him the photo, cuz he's not online, but we'll see!

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

the white glasses look like "milk glass" and was from the era of carnival glass. Most milk glass, if I remember correctly, was made from the 40's through the 60's. The tin cup I have no idea about. Try going to Ebay and type in milk glass and do a search see if you can find some info. Good luck

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i beleive your right 40' -60' on the milk glass , the tin cup if it has markings wont be hard to find you can check kovels online antiques just punch it in and do the search , iv also got a cup i found on the bank of the ohio river its silver and stamped H M S on the bottom it has rolled edges with a weighted bottom and rolled handle , iv searched both american and england sites and have never seen another cup like it and beleive me when i say iv seen over a 100,000 different cups , H M S stands for her majesties ships i have been told that my cup could very well be over 300 years old .

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am not sure, but it looks like an old sinclar cup. I seem to remember something like those from my childhood. But like I said, I am not real sure about it!!

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I remember the Grog fella, it was a Marathon Gas ( I think that is the right Gas station) promotion back in the early 70's, I grew up in dayton and remember those in some of my earliest memories

Cool stuff!

Salmonid

9. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well thanks everybody i am just curious since i know dad had them when i was very young and was never was allowed to use them till his passing