how often do you rebait danny king punchbait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by dhines, Jul 25, 2009.

1. dhines

dhines New Member

State:
    LA / Calexico
    i know the fibers stay on the hook forever, but i am thinking at some point they lose most of their effectiveness. is there a consensis on when the hook should be rebaited? additionally, when it is rebaited, do you first strip off the fibers or leave them on?

many thanks in advance.

2. FishingMachine

FishingMachine New Member

State:
    Nashville,
    When using DK's Punch Bait I usaually rebait after about 30 minutes to and hour if I can wait that long. Usaully I have had a few bites on it by that point in time and have to put new on. I also just leave the old bait on unless you have put a ton on the first time. If you have too much on take some pliers and pull a little off then rebait. You might try some sort of chum if you are not getting the fish in like you want. I use the ferminting corn and sweet feed. Only if the laws will let you. Just double check.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Use some secret 7 and it wont set out there long enough to worry about lol:wink: just kidding.

4. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Usually I just slap some new over the old. If you use the treble hooks with the spring on them it will stay one forever even after a good tug of war with a kitty.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Danny Kings as well as most prepaired baits we rebait after 15 minutes, no bites after the second baiting then it's time to move to a new spot. In 70 degree plus water prepaired baits will usually work fast if there are fish in the area. I would also strongly recomend trying some secret 7 dip bait, you will catch 10 fish on the secret 7 for every 1 fish you catch on Danny Kings JMHO.