How often do you get out?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Johnny B, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I get out once a week! Is anyone fortunate to get out whenever they want or how often do you get out?:confused2:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Most every night unless there is a severe storm with lightening or the full moon phase.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I usually get out once a week if work and family allows for it:wink:

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I end up averaging a fishing trip about every 2 weeks - that's a real put-the-boat-in-and-spend-the-day kind of fishing trip. For flatheads it's 12 to 18 hours on the water. If I'm fishing for seatrout or something else, it might just be 6 hours...

Also squeeze in a couple of hours shore fishing about once a week.

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Usually 2-4 times a week depending on weather. Very seldom fish weekends because of all the pleasure boaters and jet ski nuts.:eek:oooh: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!

6. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I try to get out when my schedule allows and the weather is nice, which don't often match up this year. Last year I was out quite a bit more than this year, especially during the panfish spawning, but I've been doing better for catfish each trip this year. Michigan has had a cold summer and July is really weird temperature wise; normally we should be in the upper 80's so I'd do most of my fishing in evenings, but lately its been cold. I don't do so well from shore during those conditions, plus it is uncomfortable to sit in the wind and pop-up rain showers and 65 degrees.

7. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    i hit the river or the bay at least once a week for an all day trip then i usually fresh water fish a couple nights a week for a few hours.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If I don't get out at least once a week from march till december for about 10 hours. You don't wanna be around me. LOL!

9. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a full time job during the summer til college starts back up again. I get out just about every night and sleep down by the river by my poles. Wake up, go to work, catch bait, go down to the river...wake up, go to work, catch bait, go down to the river....not a bad life, eh? :big_smile:

10. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I wish I could do what Justin does!! Seriously!!!

11. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm going to enjoy it while I can! No girlfriend, not a whole lot of friends in town at the moment, limited budget for bars...let's go fishing! Life is good. :big_smile:

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    "Is anyone fortunate to get out whenever they want or how often do you get out?"

I manage to go almost any time I'm not sleeping or eating. :smile2: But, to enjoy this privilege, I worked my butt off for 39 years and saved my jack.

13. Bill Smith

Bill Smith New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I work 3 - 12 hr shifts a week and fish 2-3 days a week until deer season starts or my better half reminds me that there are other things in life. A trip to the lake with her usually solves the problem.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with Mac. I go when I want to and don't have to go but a few steps to get to the water. Also took 38.5 years of working/saving for me to get here. :wink:

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    not sure what you mean, but my bail bondsman gets right on the job when i call:wink::smile2: