How often do you fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by shadguts, Feb 13, 2007.

1. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just wondering how often you guys go out. I go an average of 2 days per week. I try to go on weekdays to avoid fishing pressure and the 30deg temps here dont stop me, but I am the only one in this area that goes this often. I only see guys stripe and sauger fishing.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Everyday I can. some years more then others.
    But i will go on average of 3+ times per week.
    And theres some weeks I will fish 5 or 6 days.
    Most days in a year was 229 days on the water in a year.
    Pete

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    In my book, not often enough but, in my wife oppinion, I fish way to much, LOL!!!

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i fish when ever i can.....but for the most part if the river isnr frozen i have a pole in the water......even thinking of going to a diffrent area to fish this weekend

5. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    during the summer, I fush every day or other day. Usually 5 or 6 times a week. But during winter, and some parts of spring and fall, I fish 2 times a week if I'm lucky, because of school.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i fish as much as i can , i havent been out much this winter bout once a week but springs coming

7. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    When i have some times then go fishing as much.. Last summer, I almost fishing everyday! but this time it kind too busy.. but hope this year I can fishing alot...

8. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I average 200 to 230 days a year. The most was in 1992 I did 256... My wife still reminds me of that

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Not often enough as , I like to.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JW I agree with your post. Now I know that I'm not the only one spending time in the dog house.I try to convince her that catfishing is just a way of life.:wink: :wink:

11. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    well unfortunately work interfers with fish. I would rather work 2 days a week and fish 5. I've been averaging 2 days even through the winter. I haven't been out for about three weekends now because the lakes are froze over. Hope the ground hog was right!

12. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    During warmer weather I would say 3-4 times a week at differernt places. Now that everything is frozen not that much, but I am looking for that perfect warm water discharge to target catfish. Think I found it. Let you know Saturday.

13. kingfisher1

kingfisher1 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fish every time i can here in TX

14. KNOTHEAD

KNOTHEAD New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Whenever work allows 2-3 times a month:sad2: :sad2:

15. kingfisher1

kingfisher1 New Member

State:
    Texas
    come to TX Steve cold here too.

16. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    229 days on the water is what I would do if I didn't have any bills anyhow I sure envy you there. Maybe I'll see you around Pickwick sometime.

17. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I go just about every other day.My boat is 50 feet from my back door at my dock and its 60 yards to the river so i go at least 5 days a week

18. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Me and a buddy try to go 2 to 3 times a week .It helps only being 5 miles from boat ramp to mississippi river .We got a trip to go saturday.The river has come up about 5 feet from the rain we had the other day. hope they are still biteing.

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fish atleast once a week after March 1. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Once a month I do a weekend trip.

20. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    we are going the last weekend of april to start fishing for flatheads.They will be moving in to the creeks to get ready to start spawning .i have a camper i leave up there all year long at elk fork camp ground on 154.maybe we will see you up there.