Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
That's good information to have. Next time I have a bunch of bears to unload I'll definitely not do it that way :0a5:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Next time they may want to back right up to the edge of the bridge. Let that bugger work his way back up the embankment while the ranger gets into his truck. Or use a rope from inside the truck in the first place. lol

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I think that it says a awful lot for the character of the ranger.He chose not to shoot the bear when he could have safely done so at the beginning.Even while being attacked on the ground,he chose not to do so.Few would have risked so much to keep the Bear alive.My hats off to a man with guts.He can watch my back or be my point man any day!He does not appear to rattle easily.

That said,they need the trap secured to the truck and they need a simple rope release operated from the truck cab or window.

I also wonder why no one came to his aid until the attack was over.It may have happened too fast.I also wonder if someone killed the Bear to end the attack.There are many unanswered questions here.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

·
Registered
896 Posts
If that trap hadn't fliped out of the back that truck on that bear scaring him that ranger might have been hurt alot worse than a scraped leg. I bet you from now on that ranger's release technic will be alot different.
I wonder what that ranger said as he was falling on that bear.LOL

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't know about that he 'chose' not to do so... seems more reaction than choice to me...

but the bear didn't look like he/she was strugglin with 'choice'... or even determination...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.