How my Holliday weekend started out

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by ae_ted, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

Still working on making my flagging noodle jugs. They are coming along nicely. I am using the plans from the BOC library in this link http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38722. Got my 14' jon boat that was give to me. and my 6hp Johnson. up and running with a new transom and all cleaned up.
    Decided if I was going to fish Kentucky and Barkley lakes, I needed a fish finder. Money was tight so I smooth talked the wife into a $158 Garmin color fish finder from wally world.com. It came in Friday so Sat. morning i got up early and drilled holes in the aluminum boat and mounted my transducer on the back of boat. Had to use rubber washers because the instructions said to make adjustments while running. pain in the hinney. Mounted the unit and wired it to a battery and tourned it on. it came on and I hit the menue button and it said "SONAR FAILURE" ". It was done.. oh well took it back to local wally world and got refund( had reciept and it was no problem) will order another one monday night. Now i had a jon boat with holes and it had stared to rain. So much for a jugging weekend. On another note my z row tourn mower blew a motor and I can spend weekedn looking for another mower. Fine weekend so far! happy fishing all.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol welcome to my world bro.stuff like that is a daily occurrence for me it seems.hope things get better for ya.you just need to get out there and catch a few cats to make things all right again.:wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Ted and welcome to the BOC. When it rains it pours don't it??? Stay safe and things have got to get better!!!:wink:

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Man, it seems like when it starts, it keeps adding up. But look at it this way, you don't gota cut the grass today!

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ted forget the lakes jug the Cumberland river if your boat is big enough and motor is reliable . Not sure which direction you are coming but check the ramp @ Dycusburg.If you do jug the lake try Eddie bay ,Poplar creek or over by the prison those 3 places always seem to have some decent catting even without a depth finder you SHOULD do alright .

6. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

Do you think a 14' 36' wide Jon boat with a 6hp Johnson is big enough for where you say on Cumberland river? I have a checker playing friend that lives around Dycusburg somewhere..Willis Shoemaker i think is his name. Thanks for the locations for jugging. I am about finished making some flagging jugs.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ummm.... I f I were you I might try a day trip first and see how the barges affect you boat ! If you stay close to the banks but not to close when you see a barge coming you should be Ok but try it in the day first ! Pay close attention esp.. if in a curve of the river.

8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Don't know much about the river but wished I did.If you ever want to jug barkley give me a p.m..I do most of mine around the mouth of little river.I have a 1860 alumacraft with a 90 etec so a boat is no problem.Good luck

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I might take you up on that offer sometime ! My wife's parents live @ Eddyville . Not exactly sure where litttle river area is from there . Is it down (I-24 ) torwards Cadiz ? I fish Poplar Creek and around the prison some and jug some with my cousin down there when he rarely has time .

10. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Yeah Lance i 24 towards Cadiz is where little river is at.Little river is the lake barkley state dock and lodge.I have fished around the prison but mostly for bass as well as eddy creek.Always ready to go wet a line but sometimes work gets in the way , been working seven days for the past couple of weeks.