How my 1st Hunting Trip Went

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by rednecksportsman511, Dec 29, 2005.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I got to go hunting for the first time with my buddies Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Monday, we hunted all day in this one shooting house which was supposed to be a great spot, saw nothing. The next morning a guy shot a nice 8pt out of the same shooting house. Tuesday afternoon we went out to a great pig and deer spot w/ green fields in front, on the right, and left of the shooting house. All we saw was armadillos, man are those things noisy. Wednesday morning we went out to a ladder stand in the hardwoods. We saw a young doe at daylight but that was it.

Even though I didn't get to kill anything I still had a great time and I can't wait to be back in the woods.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    John, I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Just being out there would be a thrill for me. :D

P.S. That is why they call it Hunting instead of killing. :D

3. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Dont feel bad. I have spent many MANY days sitting in a stand and not seen anything at all or just squirrels. It can get frusterating sometimes, but its alot better than just sitting in front of the TV.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Glad you had fun, sometimes I think just watching the woods come to life is enough for me. Sunrises are awesome in the field. At least you seen one which is more than some see. Hope you get to go again soon.