How much?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BIG GEORGE, May 27, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Local to the river wich is where I do my most of my fishin may run me $30 tops. Well spent money as far as I'm concerned.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'm 15 miles from the nearest ramp on the Missouri, so it costs me more to get to work each day than to go fishing!

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Yea, it might cost me $3-$5 a fishing trip, since the river is under 3 miles from my house. lol!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My cost would depend on weather I take the money out of my wifes piggy bank or mine. Her interest rate should qualify as illegal. I can run to either Ohio or Miss. river for about $35.00.:big_smile:

5. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang-Darn,,,Im Filling bad for yall.I live within 6 miles of the Deepfok river-North Cand river-Okemah Lake and 30miles for Eufala Lake so at the most I will spend $10.00-$20.00 for the weekend and most of that is gas for the 4x4.Bait is free..............Okie land Rules!!!!!

6. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    Figure in boat,truck to pull boat,gear....prolly around $40,000...lol

7. JHow

JHow New Member

State:
    South East
    only as much as the snacks I bring! The pond I fish is only 2 miles away, and the river is only 5 miles away, and I use a kayak, so not much at all. But if you were to add up all of the $ I've spent on fishing equipt. this year it would be more than I'd want to admit.

8. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    20$ maybe, with beer being the bulk:big_smile:

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It depends on how far I am going.

10. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    about $15 to $20

11. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Not nearly what it is worth to be out with the boys, but we could eat lobster cheaper than the fish I catch.

Jim

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

gas for the season for my 9.9 $20
    gas to get the spot $7
    stuff used or lost $4-$12
    bait $2(for the worms to catch the fall fish/bluegills)
    soda/drinks $5-$8

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    It's at least 2 hours to any decent fishing spot (James River or Kerr Lake) from my house. So gas runs about $30-$40 for the truck. My outboard sips gas, and averages around $5-$10 per outing. Plus, I haven't learned the cast net yet, so another $5-$10 for bait. Plus avg $15 for food.

It sure does add up fast. Looks like it's costing me $55 to $75 per trip, of which my fishing partner usually covers about $20.

Not to mention every time I go fishing, I think of something else I absolutely "must have" for my boat or fishing tackle collection. So more money there.

But hey, every man must have a passion and something to throw their money at. Why else would we work.

14. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It's probably about $20 to $30 for gas, snacks and drinks.

If we start adding in tackle and stuff, I don't know. How do you split up the cost of a boat and all the rods, and such? A lost rig is probably another 30 or 40 cents, so I guess tht doesn't add much.

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anywhere from $30 to $75 depending on how hungry I am before we leave. $20 in gas, plus food, and drink. Normally bait is free, but lately the shad have been elusive, so we've been paying for inferior bait, and I don't like that at all.

16. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    on average i'd say between $20 and $40 a trip depending on gas, sodas, tackle

17. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    gas to the river 35.00, ice and pop 10.00,bait 7.50, spending time with my DAD fishing priceless.

18. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    usually between 20-30

19. brakeless1

brakeless1 New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ky.
    $20 to $50 average. Sometime's cheaper if I go to river since i am two block's from mc,alpine area of ohio river.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Same here but river is only about 0.4 of a mile :)