How much ya think shes worth?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by TX Fisherman, Sep 26, 2007.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That boat needs a 25 to 40hp to get it rolling. Here in northern Indiana it would probably sell for between 750 and 1000.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You have a good motor there.I bought a completly rebuilt motor just like yours from a local marinia for about a grand 2 years ago...I am running it on a 15ft Lowe..She aint prety or fast but very dependable I run it hard and alot on the Missippi. Your rig would go from 1-1500 around here

3. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Around here it would go for about $800. Maybe a little more, matbe a little less.

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    id say about 1000$ around here. but speed aint all its cracked up to be.
    on a boat that size i would be way more interested in dependability.
    my first boat was a 14' fiberglass lee craft, i had an old late 60's model 5 horse evinrude on it. it was a 1 pull crank every time. run on a tank of gas for a month etc. i traded it for an 18 horse and have regretted that decision the rest of my life.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin it looks like you have done a lot of work on her. No one knows the value better than you. That is a good economical motor. If gas keeps going up it may be the perfect one to own. Use it and enjoy it until your ready for a trade. There is many BOC members that don"t even have a boat.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It would probably go a lot faster if you didn't have all those PVC tubes sticking up in the air.lmao No,all joking aside, I would say she's worth whatever the market will bear. Just remember that once you put a price on her you can't go back and raise it,whereas you can always lower your original price if you have to! Good Luck in selling her if that's what you really want to do.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think U'm with the $800 ush crowd. I will tell ya though, my personal opinon is that the motor is fine. I don't even thiink that boat would be rated for anything bigger and if you went up to to anything over 25, be extremely carefull. Be safe and if you do sell it, good luck w/ the next one! :big_smile:

8. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i tell you what if you give me a few dollars for gas i will take it off your hands. lol Smaller boats hold value more than larger ones I would ask for at least a grand or more

9. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    in the shape it looked to me would bring $800-1000 here.
    Put some elbow grease and paint into it prob bring closer to 1500. I would ask 1200 for it if it was mine and then someone would feel better about givin u 1000
    edit---
    sorry just relooked at the paint. It should bring right at 1000. Put some spray on rino liner on that wood and it could bring more

10. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    around here it would sell 600 just the boat . Boat motor and trailer 850 to 1,000 tops. but boats set up like that are a dime a doz here too. If it was mine and I put it up I'd ask 1200 and be willing to come down on it then the buyer will feel good about getting it cheaper than asking price.

11. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i BUY BOATS LIKE THAT ONE THIS TIME OF YEAR FOR 200 TO 400. Hold them until may and sell for 1200 to 1500. i would say hold on for now.

12. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Kevin; put her on e-bay. E-bayers usually pay more than things are worth. It also puts it in view of a lot more people. Good luck

13. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    around here, its worth about 1000$. I'd wait and try to sell it in the spring. boat sales are tough now through spring. good luck

14. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I sell all my boats on Ebay. they average bringing 40% more than they would locally.