HOW MUCH WE SPENDING?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, Jun 7, 2009.

HOW MUCH FOR THE AVERAGE TRIP

1. 0-$25

2. $25-$50

3. $50-$75

4. $75-$100

5. $100 & up AKA din,t tell the wife!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

JUst trying to get a general idea of how much we as catfishermen are pumping into the economy each night or day we go out.I,m a bank fisherman,so I know I,m getting off cheaper than a boater.I,m gonna figure what my AVERAGE TRIP COSTS.Gasoline-$10 to $20.Food-$10 to $25 depending on how hungry my nephew is(14 yrs,300lb,er).Beverages-$5 to $10.Ice-$3 to $5.Bait-three dz shiners for the old lady(likes the walleye) $13,crawlers-$3 to $5,waxies to catch gills$2.Couple doughballs for carp til evening-$5.Sinkers & hooks lost to snags or fish-$5.So for me that,s $51 on the low side to $87 on the high side.That aint counting wear &tear on my truck,equipment wear & tear,breakdowns etc.Figured I,d check this out now and then during the winter figure how much we shell out for gear a year!

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Pat this is a interesting topic. Specially from a sponsor or supplier point of view. With that said, I'm not sure I want to know how much I spent over the years. Wife would definitely kill me if she knew!!!! I never sat down and figured it up, but it can't be good. :0a19::happy:

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man
    I voted 75 to 100 :embarassed:But its probably more by the time I add in boat payments, truck payments, what I paid for rod's and reel's,Line, tackle, bait, cats net,grippers, Letting Mama go on a shopping spree so I can go fishing:confused2:, I ride 60 miles one way to fish the Tn River from North ga, with the gas going up that does not help..
    Boy, I wish you had not asked now,,,:eek:oooh:
    Some things I just dont need to know...:wink:
    Puddle
    :big_smile:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I look at this way. Who cares what I'm spendin. I'm fishin. LOL!

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Interesting topic!!:embarassed: But I'm sure what ever I spend on fishing :wink:Is a lot less than shrinks would be IF I wasn't fishing.:sad2: I think of it as Therapy For The Mind.:wink::smile2::smile2: Actually I spend a lot less than most, because I live 15 minutes from two great lakes to fish.:wink: 0 to 25 got my vote.

6. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg
    i voted 0-25 but that is 3-4 times a week dont tell the wife i keep the gas on a credit card so it dont show up out of my pocket money:wink:

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I guess I'm lucky because it's only a 20 mile round trip to the river and I can fish 3-5 times on a tank of gas depending on how far I run. Other than bait and ice my expenses remain minimal. With gas prices going up, that would be the biggest expense but I only have to top off truck and tanks about once a week. Cheaper than eating out 2 or 3 times a week or a trip to the shopping mall with Mama.:smile2: Stay safe and enjoy!!!

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Generally when I go it is for the weekend,so add eats,drinks, gas for truck and boat. so i said $100+

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Yep that about sums it up.:wink:

But I can tell you , It costs me over a Bill each time I go out the door for cats. I don't even have a boat.:roll_eyes:

10. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Got any idea what a shrink would charge? $85 - $125 every hour. Regardless of what the fishing costs, it's worth it.

You may not get to lie on the couch and tell someone about your mother, but you can fish all night and get the same results, a LOT cheaper.

Wait a minute - this means I can start going to Santee more often. I'm saving money! No body can argue with that. :big_smile:

11. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Its time with my sons so i have to say i really dont care what the wifey says (IS SHE LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER LOL ) cuz i have my lil buddies with me and maybe they will learn something or see something new on the trip. so its PRICELESS to me But its a around $50 to $75 and up lol

But i cant put a price on the smile on my lil mans face when he gets a good one

12. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How much is too much to spend on a fishing trip? I i can still pay my bills and have enough gas to make it back to work until the next payday i am good. But i usually spend 50 to 100 per fishing trip. But i have solved that problem so i think. I have started buying everything in bulk, so now i wont have to purchase hooks from the smaller stores where they are more expensive. And food i take from the house. But gas isnt cheap. SGT Shorey over and out

13. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    You guys asked what we spend,,
    What its worth is Pricless,:wink: like Bama Cat said...:big_smile:
    Its probably the only time I ever really relax anymore...
    Puddle

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I voted 75-100 per trip. When you consider all the ins cost and etc it would run much higher. I agree with all of you on the therpy is priceless. I don/t count the cost. Enjoy life one day at a time.

15. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    there was a survey done a couple of years ago that said the average fisherman spent 20 dollars a trip. that was based on items you would use on that trip only such as ice or bait and not based on equipment like hooks,line, ect because if you spent 10 dollars for a spool of line you're going to use for a year or 2 compared to ice thats going to melt sooner or later.

i chose 25-50 because gas, bait, and ice are my biggest expenses

16. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    I'm bank fishing 90% of the time these days. That sure helps! I said $0-25. That covers bait, ice, gas, drinks, food, and equipment (lost sinkers & hooks, reels that need to be respooled, having reels serviced a few times per year, broken parts, etc.) Now I may run up to the Ohio River or Lake Cumberland and spend more, but I have more than my share of $10 trips to balance those out, too. Granted, those $10 trips are usually fishing small ponds less than 10 miles from home, but fishing trips are fishing trips in my book!! :)

17. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    pretty mutch whatever gas costs me. i will usually pick up worms to catch bait when it rains, stock the bait tank. got a shart load of hooks weights and swivels. i eat before i go and take a couple pops with me. so probally $4-5 in gas is it.

18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    bluecats are going to cost me about 200 dollers in riggs from the bank, i hate that, i wish thed come closer to the bank like flatheads, so that cost me

19. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I really don't spend much money each time i go fishing because i have a 4 stroke motor and i throw for bait. Catfishing is a fun and nonexpensive hobbie after all the equiptment is bought but let's not start on that ha. ha.:tounge_out:

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Gas for the truck and boat, snacks...money well spent though.