How much should I pay?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by pinto, May 20, 2006.

1. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am interested in buying this boat but I don't want to get ripped off does anyone know how much one of these boats cost 1968 deep V Lowe with a 35 hp Johnson motor. New battery and starter, excellent condition, trailer and mooring cover . Please help me out!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    go to www.nada.com, then search CONSUMER, then boats. It's hard to use NADA to price boats, but it will get you in the ball park.

3. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
  4. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    H2O Mellon thank you for your reply. I went to nada.com and the oldest they go to is 1970. Thanks Brother

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Hey Pinto. I think you should buy a new tracker of something like that. Anything is fine really as long as it's seaworthy and has an engine:roll_eyes: Don't wanna make you paddle ya know.

6. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I did not get the length of the boat, so I'm guessing 16ft. If everything is "ship shape" dents, leaks, transom, floor, seats, wheels/tires, bearings, spindle, axle, wiring, reciever neck, prop, carberators, coils, fuel lines, oil, syncros and that stuff, I'd guess $1,000. or less. The boat is 38 and I don't know about the motor or trailer. Just my opinion.
    Don

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have purchased a few in that age group for that price. Watch them tho many have lots of dry rot. Motors are often soft too.

8. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you shortshank It does'nt say how many feet but I'd say 14 or 16ft. And the motor is 35hp. Thank you again!