HOW MUCH RAIN YOU FISH IN ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Angler Ace, May 11, 2009.

1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    How much RAIN would you "Tolerate" while catfishing?
    I would much rather have the RAIN instead of the WIND, but I would not fish in a WIND driven rain. I mean once you put on the RAIN gear you are all set, but I never heard of WIND gear.
    I would fish a steady light rain, but not a steady POURING RAIN. Don't get me wrong. I like the RAIN. I think it even helps the BITE. Of course we all like those blue bird days, no clouds pure sunshine, But would you stay home JUST cause it was RAINING, or going to RAIN?

2. cj7

cj7 New Member

State:
    AR
    I agree john rain is way better than wind. With good raingear I would fish in light to moderate rain:crazy:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I've fished many time's in a heavy rain ..But like you said a wind driven rain no thank's lol been working outdoor's now for over 25 year's in brutal heat and cold windy rainy day's . Now i'd rather stay at home with the heater on thinking about fishing when the sun come's out lol

4. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I travel a lot catfishing and when you haul the boat and pay for lodging, you just have to get out there and fish. I've fished in the pouring rain, wind and both. My fishing partner is my girlfriend of 7 years and she will fish in any weather (thank God for that girl)! If I said I wasn't putting the boat in the water I'd never hear the end of it. Thought I'd attach a pic of her with some Hickory Shad she caught in the Roanoke River in March.

Attached Files:

5. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    it can be a complete downpour and ill still be out there as long as there is no thunder or lightening

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Rain & wind doesn't bother me. I have good rain gear for that. When the lightning starts is when I high tail it outta there...No fishing in lightning for me.:smile2:

7. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    a little rain is ok, and my wife loves to fish so i know what you mean.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'll fish any condition, minus lightning. sometimes I'll go specifically in the pouring rain, and fish under this bridge near me where the fish seem to bite better in these heavy downpours we get.

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Depends on a few things.

First is if I am catching any fish.

Fished in rain/snow earlier this year but we were catching fish.

IF it is cold nad rainy and no fish are biting then I will not stay out as long.

Also if it is fairly warm tehn rain is not a big deal.

10. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    same hear

11. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I'm with most everyonem rain is ok(better than 95 degree nights with no breeze), but NO lightning?

12. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rain is ok and I stay out in it, high wind is tough if it sways you on your anchor.

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im with ya john i dont mind fishing when theres some rain but i wont stay if its to windy,for me its miserable and a waste of time.fishing in the rain can be a killer time to be out fishing.

14. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I don't remember catching fish in actual rain. If it's misting, I've caught fish in that. In a smaller river, I think the fish start moving around when it really starts raining? Also, in Iowa during summer there is usually lightning. Never got bites during lightning either.

15. Herogre

Herogre New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My ol lady will fish in any type of weather as long as the fish are biting. I don't mind fishing when its really hot out but rain or cold i stay in.

16. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    The fish don't care if it is raining!!! They're already wet!!!!:smile2::smile2:

17. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    All of it all the time:big_smile:

18. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    On the bank, I am out till I am tired of it, hypothermia sets in, or I run out of beer. Rain, wind, lightning, snow, whatever.

On the boat, It is a question of safety. I would just as soon not sink or be the tallest thing around when the lightning is sparking.

19. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have fished through down pours with no rain gear. When I got home I looked like I went swimming with all my clothes on. There have been several times I have been out during the winter and it was so cold that my hands were numb and I could barely set the hook. During the summer I sometimes forget the sunblock and have had sunburns so bad that my skin blistered. As long as the fish are biting then I will fish through almost anything. However if the fish aren't biting then I'm heading home.

20. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Light rain or off and on rain.I,ll stay & fish it.Heavy rain-they better be really hitting for me to get out the rain gear and stay.I fish from the bank & I,ll fish in most any wind.I got my own thermometer for cold-the wife says LETS GO!:eek:oooh: